View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 10:06 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tch2fly View Post
how about something a little more "universal" in the language. Don't ignore other users (hikers, mountain bikers, even ATVs)
That's going to make for a pretty cluttered poster. In many ways, I think the image should be an ATV, since they seem to be the biggest problem users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tch2fly View Post
Is sign wording even up to us? You know what happened when John "improved" the Jenny Creek kiosk ... not standard GI
I don't know. I assumed that whatever I created would get shown by Subzali to his contact at the Forest Service. They actually asked for a different poster, so I just got started. This is just a starting point. It's usually easier to edit than it is to create from scratch, so hopefully this will help the FS figure out what they think it appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDH33 View Post
Use a cruiser in the pic. Otherwise, I think it's great.
I used a silhouette of a Jeep on purpose, since it is a more universal representation of 4WD vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
+1,000. Include all OHVs, a representative sample at least, or expect blow-back. Especially from motorcyclists, and justifiably so.
If we had a silhouette of a Jeep, motorcycle and ATV, would that cover most of our motorized users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
BTW, you need to reword it to not use 'trail'. Brant will explain till it's crystal that only ROAD travel is allowed in the area. I know, but it is important to him to keep 'trails' very distinct from 'roads'.
Um, dude, the other sign says "Stay (On) The Trail." That's a whole initiative from COHVCO.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.