View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Rising Sun Webmaster
Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Originally Posted by Tch2fly View Post
how about something a little more "universal" in the language. Don't ignore other users (hikers, mountain bikers, even ATVs)
That's going to make for a pretty cluttered poster. In many ways, I think the image should be an ATV, since they seem to be the biggest problem users.

Originally Posted by Tch2fly View Post
Is sign wording even up to us? You know what happened when John "improved" the Jenny Creek kiosk ... not standard GI
I don't know. I assumed that whatever I created would get shown by Subzali to his contact at the Forest Service. They actually asked for a different poster, so I just got started. This is just a starting point. It's usually easier to edit than it is to create from scratch, so hopefully this will help the FS figure out what they think it appropriate.

Originally Posted by MDH33 View Post
Use a cruiser in the pic. Otherwise, I think it's great.
I used a silhouette of a Jeep on purpose, since it is a more universal representation of 4WD vehicles.

Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
+1,000. Include all OHVs, a representative sample at least, or expect blow-back. Especially from motorcyclists, and justifiably so.
If we had a silhouette of a Jeep, motorcycle and ATV, would that cover most of our motorized users?

Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
BTW, you need to reword it to not use 'trail'. Brant will explain till it's crystal that only ROAD travel is allowed in the area. I know, but it is important to him to keep 'trails' very distinct from 'roads'.
Um, dude, the other sign says "Stay (On) The Trail." That's a whole initiative from COHVCO.
Matt Farr, Centennial, Colorado | Rising Sun Webmaster
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.