View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 08:02 AM
Rising Sun Commander

Default electrical challenge - flasher issues?

3 years ago I "upgraded" my stock flasher, details here: http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-te...r-upgrade.html

issue: too many lights for stock setup. ARB in front, Kaymar in rear, also trailer wiring. So that's 2 sets of blinkers in front, 1 set in the dash, 2 sets on the back of the 80, 1 set on the trailer.. total of 6 pairs of turn signals. The stock flasher, from what I've gathered in the thread referenced above, is only good for about half of that. Also the stock 7.5 amp fuse was blowing fairly regularly, so I "upgraded" that to a 10 amp a couple years ago with no issues since .

Anyway on the way to Ouray everything was working fine, other than the connector to the trailer wiring jiggling free a little bit because the latching lid was ground off somewhere on the Rubicon trail . But if I shoved it in real well, all trailer lights worked (and truck, but I didn't check the bumper). But on the way back, signaling left had a really fast blink rate.. now home I realize that I've got no left turn signals in the tail light, or down in the bumper.

I tried new bulbs, also tested voltage with a volt meter (and hazards on), nada. I'm going to buy a new flasher and see if that corrects anything. I seem to remember someone telling me that my turn signal in the bumper was not working before though, I hadn't messed with it since those are just "extra."

Any thoughts?

www.gamiviti.com