View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Anyone know about a "KVAR" unit?

Long story but ~2 years ago we had ALL of the windows (30 or 'em) replaced in our house to improve the energy efficiency of our home...The company guaranteed a 40% savings on our energy usage...Yeah, well that didn't happen. In fact our energy usage went UP

So, now they are coming up with reasons why our usage went up (last year the reason was they did a shotty job on the window install and didn't seal them right) and trying to come up with solutions. So, this year they have added additional insulation up in the attic (was already at a R38 level and the guy said he took that up to a R40 level ) and now they want to install a "KVAR Unit".

Never heard of a KVAR unit and despite reading the brochure I'm still not really sure what the heck it does nor how it will help? Obviously it won't help to reduce our thermal usage...

Good idea? Bad idea?? Help
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater