View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hants View Post
I'm not sure what your asking. I wouldn't consider putting new-fangled equipment in my house until I had done an energy/efficiency audit. Find out where the heat is leaking out, and fix the cause.
They've done two energy audits now...First one showed that the new windows were not sealed correctly. The second one showed no leaks and that things "should be" good to go. It wasn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hants View Post
The KVAR appears to be some sort of electrical appliance. I don't see how your electricity bill could be higher from new windows -- unless you have electric heating?
A/C in the summer = electricity, crappy windows = higher electricity bill

The KVAR unit is just another one of their suggestions to solve the problem. They are trying very hard to keep me from going to the DA because they have been/are in deep doo doo with the state for false advertising etc. and each time someone complains to the state the state can pop them for $10K
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater