View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 07:41 AM
Hard Core 4+

Had a great time! The Squeak-O-Meter didn't even squeak the whole trip. Even when descending the slick root - she didn't pick up on my sudden 'race face' until afterwards, never felt spooked (because she didn't know any better ).

Fortunately she did not see Steve take the slick root, lock up the brakes, and finish on TWO WHEELS . (Yes the WRONG two wheels ). That got the attention of his own Squeak-O-Meter, judging by her expression. Got his attention too. Don't know by observation , but I expect there was a shorts cleaning afterward.

That tree root has always had my number, and is probably the most dangerous obstacle on the trail, when wet. Going up is a little spooky. Going down is dangerous if you freeze, not too bad if you use the throttle when everything in you tells you to brake. The roll will not be a mere flop, should you do a mis-step.

Seems like I kept trying the harder lines and getting denied. Wasn't my day I guess. But a great trip and time was had by all!
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.