I've got one mounted to my 1FZ-FE, but not plumbed up yet.
That's just ONE of my in-process projects.
Here's what I "know" from my research:
1. keep the oil level to the minimum to reduce spewage
2. "mod" seems sporadically helpful, at best - many report no/minor improvement
3. mount it upright (vertical)
4. unloader/check valve doesn't appear to be necessary, but can help maintain system pressure
5. coalescing filter *before* tank and other plumbing
6. few put filters on the output side (OBA mostly used to air-up); temporary one (with quick-disconnects) used where necessary
7. many also forgo adjustable regulator (cutoff switch controls max pressure)
Hants (KD0CXL) 97 LX450 Slee Armor, 285 BFG/AT, OME 2.5", Altitude Compensator, Kimberley Kamper
"that guy down in Colorado Springs" - Jeff
"Damn you, Hants White!" - CruiserDan
"Wanna race?" - Bill Morgan
"Live long, love lots, cruise often." - Robert Fortune