Just an update if anyone cares. All is well. Took the weekend, but it got done. Late Saturday I was torn down to the bare knuckle and ready to start putting it all back together....and Stevinson had given me the WRONG trunion bearings.
I even checked all the part numbers...on the invoice. Luckily Jeff Zettl had his parts ordered and I was able to run over there and keep working. Thanks to Robbie for also offering to drop some off, and to Ken for offering to get me his parts and run for the parts I needed. As usual Rising Sun Rocks.
Surprisingly the grease looked great, was a straight forward job, even the trunion bearings which I did not do at the Wheel Bearing Packing Party, thanks to Ken's great FAQ at Mud.
Thanks to all!
* 00 LC
* stinky old Ford Diesel tow rig (FOR SALE)
* 99 Saab Convertible
* 97 4Runner (The original Green Chile)
* 71 FJ40 "The Raven" - sigh, selling to make room
* 64 FJ40 "Ocho Mater 40" AGAIN
* 74&70 FJ40 - parting out, eventually
* 1965 International Metro Van
has a 2008 FJC