View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Hard Core 4+

Scott, with so many participants on a run where so much waiting COULD have occurred... and didn't... all I can say is, you are a great leader among great leaders. And you weren't even a drill sergeant!

I will post up pix later. I started up Yankee Doodle Hill but the trail proper was drifted in (it is a drainage) and though there was an established bypass to the SE of it, I didn't feel good taking it and backed down. If I had not, I am pretty certain I could have summitted Yankee Doodle. Not bad for January.

Tom and I definitely did have to winch DOWNhill to get down to Fall River Road via Alice. Drifts were at places over my hood measured top to ground, though we would kinda float up on them, burying ourselves only down to the frame. It was work but we made it! If we hadn't been able to proceed... we would have had to walk out. Or shovel well into dark. There was NO strapping back up, NO rear mounted winches, and NO other way.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.