View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Rising Sun Member

Tonight I hit a big milestone in this project. I got the inlet side of the compressor all plumbed up and ready to go. Got a coat of flat black on the bracket (yes I painted it while it was snowing - I hid under a juniper bush ) and when it was dry to the touch I bolted it on. It has a little bit of flex, which I was worried about, but I can stiffen it up if need be, and when I put the hose on the filter it's actually pretty stiff and helped hold the filter up a bit. I should probably get a rubber washer or something to put under the filter so it sits on the bracket square and tight, but at least it's secured on something for now. I'm kinda getting tired of this project, tired of working for an hour at a time after work, outside, in the cold, after dark, so I am just trying to get this thing done.

So the inlet air filter is 1/2" MNPT. I have a 1/2" FNPT to 5/8" barb fitting under it, then a 5/8" hose to the fittings on the compressor. I hope the 5/8" hose is stiff enough that it won't collapse under vacuum. We'll see.

Oh and BTW, this thing barely clears the hood. I measured as best I could, but in the end I think I just got lucky.
Attached Images

1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari intercooled turbo, Warn M12000, OEM CDL switch, cup holder, and hand throttle, Metric TLC leather, heated seats, JDM switches, Puma OBA
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD