View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Hard Core 4+

So I landed on a great bumper, thanks to a tip from Nakman!

Nice to have friends like Tim, he waded in the Dirty Devil river to hand me a winch line and found me a great bumper!

Tim has the same bumper and has a 99, I have an 01. The line up with each bumper was slightly different. Tim's AC line was without a 90 degree bend like mine. The 90 degree bend was key for missing the mounting plate.

It was a bit of a lengthy install, box of nuts and bolts all mixed together was slightly intimidating. The best part was using Face Time to check in with Tim and Brent, while we were both installing at separate locations.. It was like a Mod-off! "What is this bolt for?" "uh, yeah not there.."

I needed to add a few washers between the mounting plate and the frame to angle the mounting plate back toward the grill, bringing the bumper closer to the body for a better fit. Tim did not have to do this for roughly about the same fit.

All in all, I like the style very much. The fog light and turn signal kits were included.. Also has under wing covers for each side. I am pretty stoked!

I guess for now there are only 3 of us in the U.S. with this latest version of the TJM T13 Outback. Will be nice to have a unique look for as long as it lasts!

Also, thanks to Christo for having the wisdom to order a couple of these from TJM! I think we grabbed these within ours of them arriving in Golden!

TLCA# 18518
KD0IFE
FJSummit.org
Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com