Thread: R&p
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
Good point, I suppose you have to look at the overall situation and who's behind the keyboard generating those rumors. The conventional wisdom didn't stop me from doing 5.27 gears, in 4 cylinder housings even. But my desire isn't to wail on my truck. Really, it isn't. Plus Robbie set up the diffs...
Scoffing at conventional wisdom as is my habit, it didn't prevent me from doing 5.29s behind a 3.4 either, and my desire IS to wail on my truck if necessary. No issues (did I just jinx myself?). For that matter, the factory elockers that grenaded were of the more robust ratios, so there you have it.

Most of the guys with issues, from my impression, seem to run 40s+ in a wild and wooly style after having set up their own gears with the utmost in precision I am sure. Same guys that blew up Bobby Long's birfs just for fun because he guaranteed them.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.