Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > BHCC 2011 Planning

Old 03-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Jerk View Post
You could run

Jakeberry
Dugans Prospect
Calamity Canyon

You may be able to do Iceman which is a really fun trail. Most of the big obstacles are optional, but there are a couple of ledges that are kinda tough.

I really wish I could go. I've been to 2 and it is a blast of an event.
Hmmm.

I like the looks of Jakeberry and Iceman. Maybe run either Dugans, or Calamity for a warm up on the first day.

Thanks!!!!

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead
Old 03-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
Hmmm.

I like the looks of Jakeberry and Iceman. Maybe run either Dugans, or Calamity for a warm up on the first day.

Thanks!!!!
Jakeberry and Iceman are really fun medium trails! Iceman is a winner of a tougher medium trail but it is a hot mofo! Not much are moving around in that deep boxed canyon! Also, if you run Iceman sweet talk/insist the leader of the run take you to the Ice Cave at the end. Not normally part of the run but a "cool" place to visit for sure! Another fun and easier medium trail is Calamity Canyon! It is the actual road that parallels the canyon bottom that is Hal Johns. You get enough obstacles to entertain you and your mildly built rig plus you get the treat of watching the hard core guys below you break their junk!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 03-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Jakeberry and Iceman are really fun medium trails! Iceman is a winner of a tougher medium trail but it is a hot mofo! Not much are moving around in that deep boxed canyon! Also, if you run Iceman sweet talk/insist the leader of the run take you to the Ice Cave at the end. Not normally part of the run but a "cool" place to visit for sure! Another fun and easier medium trail is Calamity Canyon! It is the actual road that parallels the canyon bottom that is Hal Johns. You get enough obstacles to entertain you and your mildly built rig plus you get the treat of watching the hard core guys below you break their junk!
Sounds perfect.

I figure Calamity to see how I do. Should I decide SD rocks are too big, I can run some of the easier medium runs comparable to calamity. If Calamity is fun, but not too hard, I can step up to Jakeberry and Iceman. Have to talk to some locals to make sure I won't be a drag on the group for the harder section on Jakeberry. One part says a 3, the other says 4+. Seems like I can bail before the 4+ part though.

Maybe get to see you busting things on Hal Johns then.

Generation Dead
Old 03-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Sounds perfect.

I figure Calamity to see how I do. Should I decide SD rocks are too big, I can run some of the easier medium runs comparable to calamity. If Calamity is fun, but not too hard, I can step up to Jakeberry and Iceman. Have to talk to some locals to make sure I won't be a drag on the group for the harder section on Jakeberry. One part says a 3, the other says 4+. Seems like I can bail before the 4+ part though.

Maybe get to see you busting things on Hal Johns then.
Your mini can easily handle Iceman! The rocks in SD are differant than here although they look the same. Here the rocks are part of the mountain and in SD they move! Have always heard and I too pass on the saying of "Black Hills....land of the moving rocks." The trail are not the same for any two vehicles! Here is a pic of Mumm in Tigger doing Jake....Tig is not locked in the front!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 03-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Rising Sun Member

Booked! Cabin #2 (which was the last cabin BTW) Wife's having shoulder surgery on 4/1 so we can make it afterall....woo hoo! Now I need to get my fat arse in gear and get the Crawler done!

BTW....I did full price sign up and booked a cabin so if the fam does not go with me I'll have the cabin available if someone needs it. If I do stay in the cabin I will just donate the extra money to SDOHVCO
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 03-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Rising Sun Member

Do they have woreless at the campground? Or would my Verizon card work.

Rachel wants to go but she would need connectivity for school
02 Kimberley Kamper
09 BMW Z4 sDrive30i
Old 03-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
Do they have woreless at the campground? Or would my Verizon card work.

Rachel wants to go but she would need connectivity for school
Wild Bill's Campground - (605) 578-2800
www.wildbillscamp.com
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 03-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Rising Sun Member

Funny you were talking about CM and BHCC being the same age.

To me it looks like they have a very similar problem to CM with trail requirements.

I technically qualify for Hal Johns, though I have no business there (assuming i was fine with the body damage part, though, with the amount of armor I'll have, probably better off than some)

Trail descriptions for these events need to be done as requirements for vehicles so that all can have a fun day, and not the bare minimum requirements for vehicles to get through the trail.

Basically, if a guy with my exact truck showed up to a Hal Johns run, the leader would have to turn him away, even though he met all of the requirements. Certainly would bum me out after going all that way and getting pumped to run a trail.

Obviously, this is in no way a slight against the guys of BHCC, but rather an observation that I've had with CM too. I meet the requirements to go on trails there that I have no business on too.

Generation Dead
Old 03-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Funny you were talking about CM and BHCC being the same age.

To me it looks like they have a very similar problem to CM with trail requirements.

I technically qualify for Hal Johns, though I have no business there (assuming i was fine with the body damage part, though, with the amount of armor I'll have, probably better off than some)

Trail descriptions for these events need to be done as requirements for vehicles so that all can have a fun day, and not the bare minimum requirements for vehicles to get through the trail.

Basically, if a guy with my exact truck showed up to a Hal Johns run, the leader would have to turn him away, even though he met all of the requirements. Certainly would bum me out after going all that way and getting pumped to run a trail.

Obviously, this is in no way a slight against the guys of BHCC, but rather an observation that I've had with CM too. I meet the requirements to go on trails there that I have no business on too.

Actually, BHCC is a small and personal feeling event. When you sign up for trails you will have lots of opportunity to change your mind! The other side of that scenario is true also as you might get convinced you can do something "over your head" and because of the ultra warm fuzzy atmosphere you will have your back covered by those who talked you into it. It's about as close to wheeling with your immediate family as you'll ever feel in a paid event!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 03-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Rising Sun Member

AH! Well, that makes sense then. LOL

Generation Dead