Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > Ham & CB Radio Corner

Old 03-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
That is way beyond cool Jeff! Where is Red Square located in relationship to the bunker?
UB;

Check out this KMZ; you can see the bunker and Red Square.
Attached Files
File Type: kmz Moscow_bunker_RS.kmz (869 Bytes, 86 views)
Old 03-18-2009, 09:32 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendocino View Post
UB;

Check out this KMZ; you can see the bunker and Red Square.
Thank you Jeff.....I was lazy and didn't want to play around. I want to go to Moscow one day. We have been to St. Petersberg and I agree about the Russian people being ultra friendly! Interesting is the fact that we have traveled to quite a few places in the world and of all the places we've been, Russia has the fewest amount of English speaking people. There is enough folks there that you can communicate with to get by but asking directions or just striking up conversation with random persons it is so evedent. I have a soft spot in my heart for the Russian people as they have been oppressed by the hierarchy for so long. The rulers have pilfered and spent so much of the country's wealth that now that it is "open" the country has to rebuild it's whole infastructure just to support the commoners needs. While it was cool to tour the palaces of Catherine and her boy friends and of course Peter the Greats incredible estate and gardens it also really lets you share in the anger of the people as you tour the gold plated trophy homes. Unbelievable!!!! A dream of mine would be to load up all the liberals of Boulder and throughout the country and let them see what happens to a country where the common folk are not allowed to speak freely and especially not be allowed to have any say in what the governing body does! We truly do live in a great country that many take for granted!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 03-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
...the country has to rebuild it's whole infastructure just to support the commoners needs...
That is why I spend so much time there.

Quote:
...A dream of mine would be to load up all the liberals of Boulder and throughout the country and let them see what happens to a country where the common folk are not allowed to speak freely and especially not be allowed to have any say in what the governing body does! We truly do live in a great country that many take for granted! ...
Boy that is sure the truth. Maybe I should also post up some recent India pictures and video...
Old 03-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default Blast Door

The first and second pictures are the exterior blast door. This was operational and demonstrated to me. Very impressive; I would hate to get my fingers caught in this!

I also included a poor picture of the area where they kept the gensets.

Lastly, here is a scaled model of the entire facility. You can see the modules on the model. I was told that people that worked in one module did not know that others existed. Some people worked there for 20 years and had no knowledge of the others!!
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2009, 04:11 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

That is fascinating! Interesting thing was while we were in Switzerland is is very common for ever house to have a shelter with a blast door similar to what you are showing! Guess the rest of the world doesn't have much faith in us not pushing buttons and making things go boom!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior