Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 04-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Don't feel to bad Mike, I had towork plowing in Evergreen all day. 13 hrs of O.T. Not bad but rather have been there helping wrench.

Later
99 F350 reserve hauler
03 F350 crew cab dually the bigger hauler
04 Lance 1121
90 fastiva dd still going
KDDHQ
Old 04-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Hard Core 4+

Ricardo,
Looks like you guys had a great time. I am sorry I did not reach you before the WBPP, I had a lead on a diesel truck. Still no diesel but.................got to keep looking.

I pm'd you for cost etc. Thanks for all your help and consideration, I hope you did not wait to long for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 04-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Thanks

I would like to personally thank everyone who helped with my rig (78 FJ). Still learning names so I won't try to name everyone for fear of leaving someone off but you know who you are by the soupy mess you had to clean off your hands. With a few less rigs and a few more mentors my rig got some extra attention and it was much appreciated. I learned a ton and certainly benefited from all your experience . I can't wait to pass along the knowledge and the extra pair of hands to someone else. I even got a fortune cookie that night at Pei Wei that said something to the effect of "to learn is to teach someone else," fitting. Looking forward to seeing some of you on the trail or at the next meeting.

Justin
Old 04-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
I would like to personally thank everyone who helped with my rig (78 FJ). Still learning names so I won't try to name everyone for fear of leaving someone off but you know who you are by the soupy mess you had to clean off your hands. With a few less rigs and a few more mentors my rig got some extra attention and it was much appreciated. I learned a ton and certainly benefited from all your experience . I can't wait to pass along the knowledge and the extra pair of hands to someone else. I even got a fortune cookie that night at Pei Wei that said something to the effect of "to learn is to teach someone else," fitting. Looking forward to seeing some of you on the trail or at the next meeting.

Justin
What time did you get your truck back together, Justin? The WBPP is a perfect way to learn not only about your truck but also about how the RS functions and why. A big thanks to Christo, Joe and Slee Off Road for providing us with such a great a learning center. I hope you guys get something positive out of the experience too.
Hey Ricardo, good job and thanks, but what's on tap next? No rest for the wicked, you know!
Old 04-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Hmmmmmm

Well, we did not get my truck back together until around 4:00. Admittedly, we took longer than we should have and spent more time waiting for pizza and gabbing. So, an extra special thanks goes to those that stayed longer than was originally scheduled and to Cristo for letting us stay and not making too much fun of us.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post

Justin
That's what it's about Justin. Glad you made it, and it was fun working on your truck. Every time I work on someone else's rig I learn too.
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 04-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Lifted

Wish that I could have been there too. Was out of state with the family making some memories. Looks like everyone had a great time who went.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Rising Sun Member

OK...I"m finally getting to log onto the site. What a week!!!

I want to add my thanks to all of the help I received last weekend packing the rear bearings. Thank you Ricardo, Justin and Christo for allowing me to borrow tools needed to complete the job. Thank you Dave, Steve, Dan, etc, etc, etc for assisting me with the teardown and repair! I added the Slee step sliders to the vehicle on Sunday, so all-in-all, it was a great weekend for the cruiser.

Thanks again, Ricardo, for setting this great event up. Thank you Christo and Joe, for allowing us to use the shop and special tools. And, thanks to everyone who taught me how to do a rear axle bearing pack. I may not have picked up enough from evesdropping on Justin's job to do the front, but either way, it was a great learning opportunity!

Next time, I'll bring my tools!!! (Total Rookie Move!)
"Just because California does it, doesn't make it a good idea, or the right way to do it! If you like California so much, please move there. Don't make the rest of us live in the same HORROR!!!"
Old 04-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Rising Sun Member

Paul,
What year is your 80 and does it have ABS? I was reading the FSM about rear axle rebuild and don't remember having to do anything regarding removing the ABS sensor on your truck although I do remember your rear axles having gear teeth on them. I'm sure we didn't overlook anything, what with Joe checking in on our progress, but would like to know if the FSM is a little overzealous as far as removing parts is concerned. I'm guessing that your truck is working as it is supposed to.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Paul,
What year is your 80 and does it have ABS? I was reading the FSM about rear axle rebuild and don't remember having to do anything regarding removing the ABS sensor on your truck although I do remember your rear axles having gear teeth on them. I'm sure we didn't overlook anything, what with Joe checking in on our progress, but would like to know if the FSM is a little overzealous as far as removing parts is concerned. I'm guessing that your truck is working as it is supposed to.
His truck does have ABS. There is a toothed ring on the hub and there is a sensor on the inside. I remember seeing that at least. I didn't see any reason that sensor had to be mucked with to do bearings or brakes (at least shoes and the like).

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler