Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 04-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
Its what ever you decide to run on Monday
I think I've done that one before. It's pretty good provided the weather is cooperative
Old 04-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnhamstj View Post
I hope to run Moab Rim on Wed before the event. Any interest? What's the legendary Monday run?
We'll be out that way by Sunday afternoon. We might be interested in running Moab Rim on Wednesday.

To all others:

When/Where do you meet up on Monday morning for the pre-runs?
Old 04-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Rising Sun Member

as far as I can tell, I am planning on bein in Moab on Monday. I may play around on the MTB in fruita saturday and drive in to Moab for sunday for another MTB run. Maybe be ready to give my legs a rest by Monday adn see what other folks are up to.
82 FJ40
Old 04-19-2009, 04:01 PM
Hard Core 4+

I can't make CM09 due to a work schedule I have known about for several months, but I am still doing my birthday in Moab Sun-Wed. Seems a bit silly to be there right before CM09, but it is what it is.

This is going to be mostly a non-wheeling vacation hiking/sight-seeing with the family, but I am really hoping to spend a day on Elephant Hill on Tuesday to hike up the Joint Trail and then out to the Confluence.

Any family oriented interest in such a pre-run outing? I know a lot of people don't do E-Hill in the middle of CM because it's a really long day if you are wheeling first thing the next morning. I love the Needles District and want to spend some time down that way, but not on a solo run with and four kiddos.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

There is an interesting back road (i believe is off looking glass road) that takes you into the needles overlook. it goes by several groups of homes that are basically doors on caves.. it eventually drops out on the needles overlook road... kind of a fun sand trail did it in 2wd...