Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 03-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnhamstj View Post
I'll be making a few batches. One for the Men at camp. A milder one that is appropriate for my 3 and 4 year old children. And a third the mildest of them all probably just use ketchup because BBQ sauce is too spicy for Red Chili.

Sounds like we have more tasters than chefs. So search up how to cook hot wings and show off your skillz. I welcome the offer of beer. It may be delivered to site 165 at any time. If anyone wants to show off any of their local/home/favorite brews I'd be happy to sample them. My favorite kinds of beer, the one you provided.
What Night is this going down??

I have site 165 for Wed. & Thursday night...???
Old 03-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper50cal View Post
Absolutely, do you have a preference? we have Variety 12packs that have Lizard Head Red, Third Eye Pale Ale, Colorado Kolsch an Steam Engine Lager or we have all those flavors solo or we have cans of 3rd Eye and Cans of Steam. And which Pint Glass, do you have a favorite?

Sweet! And Many thanks! How bout a case of the Steam Engine in cans, and maybe suprise me on the pint glass. Let me know how much, and I can also bring some local stuff if you'd like.

And if you see the new Brewmaster Thomas, tell him Perry say's hello.

Thanks again!!

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 03-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Trail Ready

Can do!

Don't know a Thomas though...do you mean Tom Sorensen, one of our old Sales Reps from Denver? Or is it another Brewery here in Durango?

At any rate, consider a case of Steam and a glass (or two) on its way to Cruise Moab.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper50cal View Post
Can do!

Don't know a Thomas though...do you mean Tom Sorensen, one of our old Sales Reps from Denver? Or is it another Brewery here in Durango?

At any rate, consider a case of Steam and a glass (or two) on its way to Cruise Moab.
I was told by a bartender at the Wynkoop that he went to the brewery in Durango. I assumed that ment SteamWorks. I could be wrong though.

Again, many thanks! Looking forward to some good beer over good company

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 03-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Trail Ready

Could be Ska or Carvers or Durango Brewing Co. as well. We have a fair amount of Beer flowing here in Durango. But at any rate, I'll be there with plenty of Suds in tow.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:49 PM
Hard Core 4+

Anyone been fine tuning recipes? If you've never cooked hot wings before this a perfect chance. Chicken, hot sauce, butter. Cook chicken to 165. Mix butter and hot sauce. Dip cooked chicken in sauce and wash down with beer. Thurday pm, about dark. During vendor night. WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:42 AM
Hard Core 4+

I am working on mine but it will be a little different. Still chicken and still spicy but different. I hope more people do it, we should try to do it in a common area so the cooks can taste the other wings too. If we do it at our own places the cooks will never get to walk and taste.

I am in Cabin 1 and can offer my front area plus have power too, will bring an extension cord. Also a grill and a table, and if we know the neighbors we can use their stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 04-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Hard Core 4+

Sounds good see you there.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnhamstj View Post
Anyone been fine tuning recipes? If you've never cooked hot wings before this a perfect chance. Chicken, hot sauce, butter. Cook chicken to 165. Mix butter and hot sauce. Dip cooked chicken in sauce and wash down with beer. Thurday pm, about dark. During vendor night. WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER.
Since CM2K, I have made "Zeppy Shrimp" for the potluck which we used to have on Thursday evening. Basically similar to buffalo in recipe and construction, except it uses shrimp instead of chicken wings. Hot sauce, butter, lemon juice and secret herbs for the sauce. If anyone's interested I would be amenable to cooking up a few batches. Best served with chunks of french bread to sop up the sauce. Not to mention a few cold adult beverages :-)
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 04-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Hard Core 4+

Jeff. excellent.

For anyone needing help

http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes...rm=hot%20wings