Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 04-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Q for Scan Gauge II Owners

Got the unit installed in the '97 Tuesday and have been paying more attention to it than I should. It's more distracting than a cell phone! I've looked on Mud threads about the Scan Gauge and haven't noticed any comments about what gauges don't work with the late 80 series models. I've noticed that MAP (mainfold absolute pressure) doesn't and it is one gauge that I wish did work. Does it work for you? So far I'm using voltage, water temp, intake air temp and switching between some of the others. Haven't had time to calibrate the fuel tank options. So far, so good but I'd really like to know manifold pressure.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Got the unit installed in the '97 Tuesday and have been paying more attention to it than I should. It's more distracting than a cell phone! I've looked on Mud threads about the Scan Gauge and haven't noticed any comments about what gauges don't work with the late 80 series models. I've noticed that MAP (mainfold absolute pressure) doesn't and it is one gauge that I wish did work. Does it work for you? So far I'm using voltage, water temp, intake air temp and switching between some of the others. Haven't had time to calibrate the fuel tank options. So far, so good but I'd really like to know manifold pressure.
Nope...it doesn't work for me either. I'm not sure the ECU has the data. The other data point I would like to see is the AT temp. I have not been following the MUD threads much on whether Scan Gauge has figured out how to pull that off the ECU or not. I know with the newer ScanGauges that you can program your own stuff (gauges) but you need to know what to put in to pull the info. Somehow the truck must know what the AT Temp is in order to turn on the idiot light right?

For me I watch the water temp the most and I like the extra protection it offers in keeping an eye on the temp while I'm pulling the popup
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater