Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 04-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Rising Sun member

Default Is there a wreck on the way?

Kinda creeped out...have had 2 pretty close calls in the last three days...

First was in Golden, near dusk, coming down S. Golden Rd. I have right of way, doing speed limit, headlights on...other car comes to stop on cross street, sits for a couple seconds, then starts to slowly move across the intersection If I hadn't hit my brakes and swerved there would have been a T-bone! And it wasn't like they didn't see me, they sat for a couple seconds and I had clear view of them for longer than that!

Then today on 285 this guy pulls out in front of us, makes us all hit our brakes so he can speed up, and he has a bunch of junk in the back of his stakebed Ford. There's an Exploder between me and him, and someone behind me, and we're keeping a fairly safe distance considering he had to be somewhere faster than us so he pulled out in front of us, slowing us down . Well he starts to accelerate, and I don't know how fast he was going, not the speed limit yet, and then these two big sheets come flying out of the back of his truck! It was like something out of a movie! I didn't freak out, but hit my brakes pretty hard to not get too close to the Exploder, whose job it was to slow down enough to let the pieces hit the highway and then find a path through/between them. It's good to know I can still lock my tires up , but I got sideways a little bit, so I'll have to keep that in mind next time I make a sudden stop.

Anyway, these were like 4 x 8 sheets of a roof from a shed or something, but why didn't the numbskull take the two seconds to tie them down? At least nobody got hurt and he pulled over to retrieve them, but there could have been a few bad things that could've happened...

Anyway I'm kinda freaked out because in 1 yr 3 mths that I've owned the Cruiser I've had about 4 close calls (the first one on the first day we owned it ), the last two within the past three days, but in the 5 yrs I've been driving my red truck I've had about 5-6 close calls. Does this mean something bad's gonna happen? Be safe ever'body

PS at least I got to see a bunch of sweet LVs ( ) (afternoon drive kinda turned into a Cruiser hunt)
Attached Images

Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 04-29-2006, 10:38 PM
Hard Core 4+

those look like willy's wagons.
ige tlca #1431
Old 04-30-2006, 05:52 PM
Rising Sun member

good eye Ige...better than mine driving 40 mph along the highway, I coulda sworn I saw at least 1 Cruiser in the bunch! Backtrack proved otherwise though...
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD