Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Notices

Old 05-21-2009, 06:19 AM
Lifted

Default Crash Sighting !

Hi all.
Just Thought i'd let you know that Steve and Susie made their way to Pagosa Springs on their western Colorado tour. My wife showed them around the area, and several properties also. We had a great time having them over for dinner and reminiscing about Rubithon and Tequila ! Good folks all around, and hope to see them again soon.

Mike
Old 05-21-2009, 06:57 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Oh the joy of being retired! I'm green with envy!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 05-21-2009, 07:12 AM
Hard Core 4+

Yeah, no sh!t UB. Crash took a trip last weekend, another this week. I've seen pretty much nothing but the dull glare of my Dell monitors for, oh, the last 6 months.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 05-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Rising Sun Member

Better be a trip report for us on the sidelines Mr Crase!
Old 05-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Rising Sun Member

We're back! Hey Mike, guess who got pulled over by one of Pagosa Springs finest on the long downhill into downtown after leaving your house? Bastid told me I was going 53 in a 45 when I was watching the speedo ever so closely because of all the tequila "talk" we enjoyed at your place and 45 was the exact speed we were going. I had also been shadowing a truck about 200 yards in front of me from the time we got on the hiway into town going exactly the same speed as him and the cop chose to roust me up and not the other guy. Profiling of Land Cruisers with RTTs on top maybe? Anyway, I chose to let him tell me how I must have let the speed get away from me and that he was going to be nice and just give me a warning, blah, blah, blah. No need to fan the flame when he had me dead to rights with a MUCH more serious charge than 53 in a 45. Anyway, made it back to the cabin and we really had a wonderful stay in Pagosa and visiting with you and Lindy was big fun. Suzie and I greatly appreciate the work Lindy went to showing us Pagosa properties and dinner was superb. Cruiser folk are some of the finest on the face of the planet.
I'll post up some pics of our adventures, including camping with Dean and Natalie at the Dunes and the Crestone campground when Suz gets them all downloaded. Red Mountain Pass was simply incredible and our timing was perfect for some huge waterflows over beautiful waterfalls. Colorado is amazing.

Last edited by Crash; 05-21-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
Yeah, no sh!t UB. Crash took a trip last weekend, another this week. I've seen pretty much nothing but the dull glare of my Dell monitors for, oh, the last 6 months.
Plenty of trips coming up to make up for that!

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 05-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Profiling of Land Cruisers with RTTs on top maybe?
You Cruiser guys don't know the half of being profiled... Try drive a fairly plain Jane white 3rd gen pickup with a 'Nest and often bikes on the back. Colorado's finest have asked to give my truck the once around with their dog more than a couple of times. No sir, I do not agree to that. Can you please step out of the truck, sir? What have I done, sir? OK sir, yes sir. Blah, blah, blah.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 05-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Hard Core 4+

Never speed through Pagosa, especially at night.
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Old 05-21-2009, 09:24 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbet View Post
Never speed through Pagosa, especially at night.
I've been 10 MPH under on the stretch between Salida and Johnson's Corner and been pulled over half a dozen times by the sheriff. It's always late in the evening, about 11PM when we'd hit that part of the state after work on a Friday.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:35 AM
Rising Sun Ham Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
I've been 10 MPH under on the stretch between Salida and Johnson's Corner and been pulled over half a dozen times by the sheriff. It's always late in the evening, about 11PM when we'd hit that part of the state after work on a Friday.
When I worked for the Railroad in Chama, NM, I would often drive US 285 from Denver to Just south of Villa Grove and then take the "gunbarrel" on 17 about 50 miles into Alamosa. I was dating Andrea at the time, and I always managed to get weekends off to come up and spend them with her. Going back down on Sunday, I always waited until the last minute and leave Andrea's house at 2AM, and get down there just in time to get a shower and go to work.

The great thing about the route I mentioned is that they didn't have Troopers patrolling at that time of night, and on hwy 17, which is almost straight as an arrow for 50 miles, I would drive 120-134 MPH and hope to God I didn't hit a rabbit crossing the road. I say 134 because that was all the Jetta I had would do before hitting the rev limiter. I once managed to leave from Hampden and Wadsworth at 2AM and arrive in Chama NM almost 300 miles away at 5:30AM. Thats 300 miles in 3.5 hours with one pee break. I am glad no cameras on Kenosha pass then!!

Dave, have you had the opportunity to use the "I don't consent to any searches, sir." and the "Is there anything I can help you with, officer?" lines? How did that go?