Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-05-2009, 01:06 AM
Nay's Avatar
Nay Nay is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 810
Default 37's on 3.5" Lift

With 3/8" longer LCA's, some minor trimming to the rear of the fender well in the rear well, 2.5" rear bumpstop extensions, and 1" wheel spacers...and 37" Trxus fit without rubbing.

Which is hard to believe when you see this

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-05-2009, 02:14 AM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,168
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

I miss my Trxus! New BFG's are evil and I need to see an Exorcist! Nice vid David!
__________________
KØUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-05-2009, 07:21 AM
sleeoffroad's Avatar
sleeoffroad sleeoffroad is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Golden CO
Posts: 886
Default

Nice Vid. However I hope you carry a spare birf. That loading up when you were half way up is what always tend to break them.
__________________
Christo Slee
KØSLE
www.sleeoffroad.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Nay's Avatar
Nay Nay is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeoffroad View Post
Nice Vid. However I hope you carry a spare birf. That loading up when you were half way up is what always tend to break them.
I carry two spares. Did not mean to get on that line like that, could have busted plenty when it started really pulling sideways.

Did make for good vid, though...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Nay's Avatar
Nay Nay is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
I miss my Trxus! New BFG's are evil and I need to see an Exorcist! Nice vid David!
Yes, you do!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-05-2009, 11:13 AM
nakman's Avatar
nakman nakman is offline
Rising Sun Commander
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: north side
Posts: 10,024
Default

Sweet vid, Nay! Your 80 is definitely bigger, lighter...... and greener..
__________________
99 uzj100, 05 525EXC

www.gamiviti.com

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-05-2009, 11:25 AM
AxleIke's Avatar
AxleIke AxleIke is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Arvada, CO
Posts: 3,422
Default

I wonder if those would fit on 0 inches of lift and a 4runner? LOL

Awesome vid!

UB is luring me to the dark side of Truxus. I just picked up some 16's and am thinking about getting a set for my next tires....
__________________
Isaac

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-05-2009, 11:30 AM
nakman's Avatar
nakman nakman is offline
Rising Sun Commander
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: north side
Posts: 10,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
UB is luring me to the dark side of Truxus. I just picked up some 16's and am thinking about getting a set for my next tires....
They are definitely fun to wheel, Isaac, that's for sure. Can be difficult to balance which is their only downside, IMO. But hey if you can wait about a year I'm sure Nay will be going to 40's and he'll give you a good deal on those 37's!
__________________
99 uzj100, 05 525EXC

www.gamiviti.com

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-05-2009, 11:52 AM
AxleIke's Avatar
AxleIke AxleIke is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Arvada, CO
Posts: 3,422
Default

Thats what I've heard Tim. UB has me all but convinced.

As for Nay's tires, that would be quite a sight: Isaac's 4 runner has to drive on the shoulder everywhere it goes because the tires are so big the hamsters under the hood can't make it go faster than 10mph.
__________________
Isaac

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Nay's Avatar
Nay Nay is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
Thats what I've heard Tim. UB has me all but convinced.

As for Nay's tires, that would be quite a sight: Isaac's 4 runner has to drive on the shoulder everywhere it goes because the tires are so big the hamsters under the hood can't make it go faster than 10mph.
Get the Trxus, Interco now recommends inflation to 65 PSI where you leave them like that for 24 hours (so I've heard on the 24 hour thing, Interco doesn't say that, but I put it up on jackstands for a day just the same because others have been happy doing it).

Coming back from Moab this year my wife drove for 4 hours, and she said "it's driving like a dream at high speed". I could hardly get her out of the drivers seat.

I cannot tell any difference onroad 37's to 35's. The 37's may actually be even quieter. Now offroad is another story

Seriously, though, actually compared it to driving our luxo minivan. What else can you say?

Last edited by Nay; 06-05-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.