Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 05-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Gulp3000

Default Lefthand Canyon

Howdy!!

My brother just finished getting his Heep trail-worthy and I'm looking for a close trail to run this weekend with him. Most of the stuff up by me (Loveland) is closed and something around Boulder would be closer for him. Is Lefthand a decent choice? Never been there before. My 60 is on a mild lift, 33's and open diffs and his CJ is lifted with 33's and a rear Detroit. I promise I'll follow behind him and pick up any parts that fall off

Thanks!!
Old 05-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Hard Core 4+

better get a rear locker. your brothers got one and you don't. Don't want to be outdone by a Jeep. Sorry I've got no advice on Lefthand Canyon. Everything near Me is burried in snow. Welcome to the Board.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:24 PM
Hard Core 4+

I ran left hand a few weeks ago. From what I can tell carnage was a lot worse than Lefthand. There is a lot of splintering trails, but none were all that hard. Carnage had a lot of rocks, but still doable, I am running 35's and I am open, the 60 might have a time fitting through a few spots. I was one of 5 trucks without damage that day.

Have fun!

Drew

1999 UZJ 100 Series bone stock ready to rock AKA:The backup minivan

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan, fastest Toyota in the stable.

My camping trailer build up thread.

"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Old 05-17-2006, 11:30 PM
Gulp3000

Thanks guys. I lurk here but post on Mud fairly often. If by some miracle his rig is showing the wagon up, you can bet I'll be dropping gears and a locker in ASAP. Of course, when your "big" brother is a foot shorter than you, you have to let him have the upper hand once in awhile.