Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 09-16-2005, 09:01 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash
Tonight, then - Greenbriar Inn at 6:00? How does that sound to you, Robbie and Kevin?
Steve
As I posted earlier I have a B-Ball game finishing up 5:30ish so I won't be there till 6:15 - 6:30. If you want to meet at Greenbriar insted of Gateway thats fine.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 09-16-2005, 09:01 AM
Rising Sun Member

Default Oops!

Sorry, I had overlooked Kevin's post regarding 6:30 at Gateway for meeting time and place and will be there at that time. Guess I better put on the LTBs in case the 80 boys want to dare a little 60 series into doing something stupid!!
Steve
Old 09-16-2005, 09:07 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash
Sorry, I had overlooked Kevin's post regarding 6:30 at Gateway for meeting time and place and will be there at that time. Guess I better put on the LTBs in case the 80 boys want to dare a little 60 series into doing something stupid!!
Steve
So its Gateway still? Steve, only thing you'll need extra is a hockey mask and a chainsaw!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 09-16-2005, 09:14 AM
Rising Sun Member

Gateway at 6:30 - roger that. As the moon is nearly full tonight, a hockey mask and chainsaw are mandatory requirements! So is warm clothing. Others should come out for the fun and the spectacular scenery that Nugget Hill provides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben
So its Gateway still? Steve, only thing you'll need extra is a hockey mask and a chainsaw!
Old 09-16-2005, 09:42 AM
Hard Core 4+

I will only have my street tires on steve. Seeing as it is almost paved to the saddle, the only stuff is up top. See you there. later robbie
Old 09-16-2005, 10:05 AM
Rising Sun Member

Wink

MTR street tires. Okay, ATs it is for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderpig
I will only have my street tires on steve. Seeing as it is almost paved to the saddle, the only stuff is up top. See you there. later robbie
Old 09-17-2005, 04:44 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Hey, how'd it go on Friday? I just got back a couple hours ago from running it today.. went up with my friend Mike (he had the Xterra on last year's night run) and a friend of his from work in a built up Rubicon.. had this swaybar disconnect where you just pull & twist a knob, anyone ever seen those? pretty trick..

Anyway I was glad to see the trail wasn't completely groomed.. definitely easier in most spots, but that one spot after the mine but before the switchback into "rocker alley" is still pretty big.. I had to twist the dail all the way to make it through, took the bypass on the way back down. Also had fun screwing around on that ditch right after the saddle.. yeah I'd probably go there again...

www.gamiviti.com

Old 09-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

I picked up a half cord of wood today in my 45...time to renew the "Made to work" thread?
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 09-17-2005, 05:56 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman
Hey, how'd it go on Friday? I just got back a couple hours ago from running it today.. went up with my friend Mike (he had the Xterra on last year's night run) and a friend of his from work in a built up Rubicon.. had this swaybar disconnect where you just pull & twist a knob, anyone ever seen those? pretty trick..

Anyway I was glad to see the trail wasn't completely groomed.. definitely easier in most spots, but that one spot after the mine but before the switchback into "rocker alley" is still pretty big.. I had to twist the dail all the way to make it through, took the bypass on the way back down. Also had fun screwing around on that ditch right after the saddle.. yeah I'd probably go there again...
It was an awesome run! Nearly a full moon, lights as far as the eyes could see and SA Ocktoberfest to wash down the snacks! We had considered going back down right away and then go up Castle Gulch but we were having too much fun atop Nugget Hill so we stayed put. Any more fun and you would have to put us in straight jackets and lock us up! :p
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 09-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Rising Sun Member

Yup, what he said - it was too much fun!! Thanks to Kevin for getting the run done and for the Oktoberfest which was the perfect choice and thanks to Robbie for the chips, guacamole and the "no Kevin, that isn't nuts, get your fingers outta there" salsa. It was dark out even with the full moon on top of Nugget Hill! Special thanks to Ty for the grins along the way.
It was good to see that Gillespie isn't totally graded out but we'll have to see what happens with the possibility of mining starting back up, up there. It was a fun run and makes me look forward to Nakman's Spooky Night Run coming up next month. Night wheeling rocks!!
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben
It was an awesome run! Nearly a full moon, lights as far as the eyes could see and SA Ocktoberfest to wash down the snacks! We had considered going back down right away and then go up Castle Gulch but we were having too much fun atop Nugget Hill so we stayed put. Any more fun and you would have to put us in straight jackets and lock us up! :p