Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 01-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Hard Core 4+

Wrong hill Randy..................sorry. But if you do go on BTR you an try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 01-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Rising Sun Member

Only issue I see ken with white knuckle besides the pucker factor is the underbelly of Rachels truck. I forgot if she has skids or not. If so, then I think her truck would be fine on it. If not, you run the risk of serious damage to the transfercase.

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead
Old 01-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Randy View Post
I didn't have any issues going down the Short wheel base side of white knuckle and didn't need a strap. It was when I tried to go back UP on the long wheel base side of the hill and didn't make it that things started to get a little exciting.
White Knuckle is significantly more scary than Wipeout Hill. You'll want a strap.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:24 AM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
Only issue I see ken with white knuckle besides the pucker factor is the underbelly of Rachels truck. I forgot if she has skids or not. If so, then I think her truck would be fine on it. If not, you run the risk of serious damage to the transfercase.

Good point. I don't have a t-case/belly skid yet and took a couple of shots in the vicinity of the t-case that had me concerned. I have got to figure out how to get one on there. My poor little stock t-case "skidplate" looks like it has been chewed up by a dog.

I agree with Isaac that with all the other experience around there that she should be fine.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:14 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

[quote=Bighead;133520]After that first hill I was wondering what I got myself into..."if that's the first obstacle, what's the rest like?" I thought the rest was pretty fun with the exception of the pucker factor White Knuckle Hill forced me to experience.

/QUOTE]

I don't want to down play upchuck either... the First obsticle, Upchuck, and White Knuckle are the ones that get my attention, but for anyone that has never run the trail, it is definitely worth it... and you get to have lunch at prostitution arch!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 05:54 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Dog View Post
prostitution arch!!!
If memory serves that is called Picture Frame Arch up in Prostitute Butte.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler

Last edited by DaveInDenver; 08-26-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:38 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Dog View Post
It is actually the very first hill on Behind the Rocks, just off the road a bit that is getting torn up on that trail... starting to REALLY lean hard to the left going up. and pitches the vehicle at some uncomfortable angles... the rest of the trail is a kick....
I absolutely hated the first hill on BTR. So much so I don't want to do it again. Everything else was a hoot though, including White Knuckle!

The climb before White Knuckle (forget the name) definitely got my attention, as the front of the Chili got REALLY light - more so than anything on Hell's Revenge. I had do air down just to get bite without hop at the very bottom (which is something you do NOT want. It would be pretty terrifying to do a Randy on that hill).
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Rising Sun Member

I’ve run this trail at CM twice and as Gary said we always turned around at the end without running down White Knuckle. We watched the big guys go down it and up. It didn't look that fun to go down to me and I sure couldn't come back up it and stay with the group.

She will have a blast on the rest of the trail. Bypass hi-dive (again not much in the fun dept.). Upchuck is easy with the right line. With Rachel’s front locker she won't have a problem with the first obstacle. So I would recommend it to her.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Rock Stacker

If you turn around at White Knuckle you're missing out on a great section of trail that goes through Hunters Canyon.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Most trail leaders will take the whole group down White Knuckle and finish the trail. It's a scary drop, but you guys did that big ledge on Steelbender -- it's not much steeper than that.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.