[HIJACK]

Brian, did you ever get that project 80 buttoned up

[/HIJACK]
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 01-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatkid View Post
I used the 3.4 flywheel, clutch, and disc. The 3.0 throwout bearing must be used with the 3.0 belhousing.
That's what I am running.

Of course, I am just the dad and everything....

You have to measure the tranny etc. but if you like you can measure mine when you come over to fab the crossover. FAIK the R150 and 151 are extremely close dimensionally. Internally they are VERY close. Same rebuild kit.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Rising Sun Member

Awesome. I think I might try a slightly higher performance clutch from the Clutch Dr. They have really reasonable prices. Any thoughts on this?

"Squishy"-1988 Red Hilux Standard frame, X-tra cab, locked F&R, 5.29's, 35" tires and a SAS. In Moab

"Apollo"-1988, 2001 3.4L, Supercharged, 2.1" URD pulley, 2 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust, TO DO: SAS, Duals.

"Did you know the IFS was designed by Hitler himself to make the life of 4WD owners tough? Yeah, it's true, he saw a vision of the Devil and he told him to do it." -DaveInDenver
Old 01-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair23 View Post
[HIJACK]

Brian, did you ever get that project 80 buttoned up

[/HIJACK]
Not yet, the Groove is paying the bills and that is it. I need to finish some side jobs and sell a car to make some money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
That's what I am running.

Of course, I am just the dad and everything....

You have to measure the tranny etc. but if you like you can measure mine when you come over to fab the crossover. FAIK the R150 and 151 are extremely close dimensionally. Internally they are VERY close. Same rebuild kit.
The transmissions are very similar, I'm thinking the gear drive case is shorter then the chain drive by an inch or two.

Edit: Justin, if you want to discuss wiring you should come over one time. I can bring home the paper manuals to make it easier then online.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatkid View Post
Justin, if you want to discuss wiring you should come over one time. I can bring home the paper manuals to make it easier then online.
Sounds good. Should I bring the harness too?

"Squishy"-1988 Red Hilux Standard frame, X-tra cab, locked F&R, 5.29's, 35" tires and a SAS. In Moab

"Apollo"-1988, 2001 3.4L, Supercharged, 2.1" URD pulley, 2 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust, TO DO: SAS, Duals.

"Did you know the IFS was designed by Hitler himself to make the life of 4WD owners tough? Yeah, it's true, he saw a vision of the Devil and he told him to do it." -DaveInDenver
Old 01-29-2010, 07:48 PM
Rising Sun Member

I managed to get the inner bed panels off and a lot of other stuff too.

This is the extent of the rust damage:

This is how far I got today after about three hours of spare time.

The tranny is hangin and the engine is about ready to come out.

It all comes out tomorrow and hopefully the crossover pipe will be well on its way.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Rising Sun Member

Will the 3.4 4Runner fuel pump fit/work in my 88 truck?

Old 01-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Oh, I was also in the 4Runner when an undocumented Ford Explorer driver decided red lights were optional. Believe me. Quite the experience. Saved the life of a bicyclist. Red Chili I was heroic.

I think it was God's way of showing His power over adversity, myself... twice now. Just keeps getting better, and it keeps rising from the dead.

let's not forget that less than an hour and a half later you were drinking a barley pop at my house...

"sorry we're late, bill had a bit of an accident on the way over and we had to go home and switch trucks"

lol

john (johnny) henley
Old 01-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy! View Post
Will the 3.4 4Runner fuel pump fit/work in my 88 truck?
Yes it should, you will need to modify it slightly. You want to install the walbro 190 right?
Old 01-29-2010, 10:21 PM
Rising Sun Member

Ya if money permits. I may have to use the one from my Runner until I can afford it. What do you need to modify?