Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 09-16-2005, 05:00 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Default Colorado Land Cruisers

I have a cruiser buddy who lives near the Springs and would like to be part of a chapter. He has discovered that Colorado Land Cruisers has largely whithered, and would like help to get the chapter re-started. Rob Grimes hurt his back and can no longer participate. Jerry Nicholes is no longer active. Darryl and Andy are no longer active. My friend, Dallas Maddox, has a number of buddies who are interested in being part of a chapter.

Dallas contacted me because I am his TLCA Individual Representative, to see about starting a new chapter, and I suggested trying to resurrect the old Colorado Springs chapter first.

So, the reason for this post, is to see who on this board, knows of former Colorado Land Cruiser members who might be interested in getting that club going again. Any help would be appreciated!
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 09-17-2005, 12:27 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzeppa
I have a cruiser buddy who lives near the Springs and would like to be part of a chapter. He has discovered that Colorado Land Cruisers has largely whithered, and would like help to get the chapter re-started. Rob Grimes hurt his back and can no longer participate. Jerry Nicholes is no longer active. Darryl and Andy are no longer active. My friend, Dallas Maddox, has a number of buddies who are interested in being part of a chapter.

Dallas contacted me because I am his TLCA Individual Representative, to see about starting a new chapter, and I suggested trying to resurrect the old Colorado Springs chapter first.

So, the reason for this post, is to see who on this board, knows of former Colorado Land Cruiser members who might be interested in getting that club going again. Any help would be appreciated!
They do still have an active club! I am an associate and the newsletter I get every month is proof they are alive! They had another annual community project with the BLM called Brighten the Sangres which is a big deal! They soon will work with the forrest service with their annual Christmas Tree project where they play around on mountain roads and pull Christmas Tree cutters back on the road and/or out of drifts in the Rampart ridge area.

http://www.coloradolandcruisers.org/tripsch05.htm
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 09-17-2005, 10:35 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Thanks Kevin!

I did invite Dallas to join our forum, and gave him the link to this thread. Dallas was at our swap meet, and got to meet a number of us there. I notice the page you gave the link to says it was last updated 7/26. It also gives 4 different meeting locations for the trail run, but no meeting info for club meetings. Do they even have club meetings, or just trail runs? Can you post any contact info from that newsletter?

I know that in the 3+ years I've been on the TLCA BOD, no one from CLC has ever attended a TLCA BOD meeting, which reinforces the impression I've gotten that they aren't very active. Maybe just not active with club meetings and TLCA?

Anyway, thanks again and happy cruisin'!
Old 09-17-2005, 02:20 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Thanks Kevin!

I did invite Dallas to join our forum, and gave him the link to this thread. Dallas was at our swap meet, and got to meet a number of us there. I notice the page you gave the link to says it was last updated 7/26. It also gives 4 different meeting locations for the trail run, but no meeting info for club meetings. Do they even have club meetings, or just trail runs? Can you post any contact info from that newsletter?

I know that in the 3+ years I've been on the TLCA BOD, no one from CLC has ever attended a TLCA BOD meeting, which reinforces the impression I've gotten that they aren't very active. Maybe just not active with club meetings and TLCA?

Anyway, thanks again and happy cruisin'!
Jeff, I don't have one as I read 'em and toss 'em. I'll look around my office and see if I find one by chance. I have never been to a meeting so I can't answer those questions. I do know they have two meeting locations and which one is decided by the time of year. They are not, do they care to be very political. They like to wheel and do service projects. I'll see if I can get you some info....
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 09-17-2005, 04:59 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Thanks Kevin!
Old 09-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Thanks Kevin!
Jeff,
Just got my CLC newsletter today. I'll scan it and send you a PDF right after din-din tonight.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 09-20-2005, 09:18 AM
Trail Ready

I hope they are still active.

I'm relocating near the springs next summer and have been planning on looking these guys up when I get out there. I'm an active member with the Toyx4's right now and I'd love to help, but it won't be until next summer.

Cheers
Mark Janzen.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:31 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Jerk
I hope they are still active.

I'm relocating near the springs next summer and have been planning on looking these guys up when I get out there. I'm an active member with the Toyx4's right now and I'd love to help, but it won't be until next summer.

Cheers
Mark Janzen.
Mark,
You'll like those guys! They are good people!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 09-21-2005, 04:20 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Thanks for scanning their newsletter and sending it to me Kevin. I sent it on to Dallas. I was hoping to see him on this board...maybe he just read the post but didn't register as a user?