Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 02-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Rising Sun Member

LOL!

I have neither problem. I drive a mini truck, which, conveniently, adjust the mirrors to whatever position it choses, which is usually out of adjustment. I can adjust the mirror to my satisfaction before leaving, and after the first few minutes of road vibration and bumps, they are back to their consistent, out of alignment positions!

Therefore, I use the mirrors for whatever they are good for, and check over my shoulder.

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead
Old 02-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
LOL!

I have neither problem. I drive a mini truck, which, conveniently, adjust the mirrors to whatever position it choses, which is usually out of adjustment. I can adjust the mirror to my satisfaction before leaving, and after the first few minutes of road vibration and bumps, they are back to their consistent, out of alignment positions!

Therefore, I use the mirrors for whatever they are good for, and check over my shoulder.
You so beat me to this Isaac. I noticed yesterday driving to work that my passenger's mirror showed mostly my right door and the neighborhood kids were kind enough to make my driver's mirror reflect my ugly self which was hopeless since my window was still frozen closed and there was no adjusting it (just FYI 80 guys, not just 40s lack electric mirrors). The good part of driving a dented, armored rolling tetanus experiment is that it just don't matter. If I want to change lanes you're lucky if I even bother signaling.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 02-18-2010, 11:59 PM
Hard Core 4+

ive been adjusting my mirrors that way ever since day one that ive been driving.. you have no reason to see the side of your car.. its not moving.. and i dont agree with how he leans all the way over to adjust the pashenger mirror.. i just lean back in my crusiing posision were im typically at when on the highway.. then i adjust the mirrors all the way out to just past the car edge so that i cant see the truck unless i lean my head over a tad.. and if ya need to check further into the blind spot just lean tword your steering wheel and youll check all the way into the blind spot.. with all the mirrors adjusted correctlly you will have no blind spots in a regular or extended cab truck.. between your Peripheral vision, side mirrors, and rear view mirrors you can technicall see all the cars behind you .. not to jenxs my self but ive never had a axcident caused because of not seeing someone .. i have almost hit ppl when changing lanes.. but thats because there also changing lanes without signaling and i catch then in my peripheral vision through the mirrior..
Old 02-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
You so beat me to this Isaac. I noticed yesterday driving to work that my passenger's mirror showed mostly my right door and the neighborhood kids were kind enough to make my driver's mirror reflect my ugly self which was hopeless since my window was still frozen closed and there was no adjusting it (just FYI 80 guys, not just 40s lack electric mirrors). The good part of driving a dented, armored rolling tetanus experiment is that it just don't matter. If I want to change lanes you're lucky if I even bother signaling.
No joke. I signal, but then I move. People get out of my way.

It is especially funny when I am accelerating up an acceleration lane, and some bozo tries to pull up so I'll have to brake and get in behind him. He is usually quite shocked when, though he is almost right next to me, I continue to merge.

I figure, hey, if you want to mess up your fancy BMW by scratching the powder coat on my steel bumper, go right ahead.

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead
Old 02-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Rising Sun Member

yeah, I adjust my mirrors like that too. I only learned to do it when I started teaching drivers Ed at tracks. Can't really look over your shoulder when you're strapped in 5pt belts with a helmet.

I adjust my 60's mirrors like that from time to time, but most of the time they are all out of whack from hitting tree branches on the trail and I just leave them.
82 FJ40