Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 02-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default Career Search Update

OK, so a bit of an update on this page as I didn't know where else to update.

I was hired on with a financial institution helping clients with 401k plans in December. My MBA and a good connection got me in the door. I am doing well with the job, but unfortunately they are not seeing the business they had hoped for, and it looks like a downsizing is imminent. That said, I am currently seeking another opportunity. Better to start before you are in a real crunch. Even if I am not one of the ones to be cut soon, I am still looking as this seems to be losing its stability.

My previous background has been in Logistics, but I also have considerable experience in Healthcare. I am hoping to use my MBA in a Data Analysis type role, possibly something along the lines of a Business Analyst. This could easily be in Transportation/Logistics, Healthcare Management/Administration, and now in the Financial Services sector. I am also open to other industries and obviously can quickly adapt.

Thanks in advance for any leads someone may have to offer. And as I offer anyone else, my LinkedIn network has grown over the years as I am an active professional networker. Happy to invite anyone into my network who would be interested.

-Jeff
Old 02-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Hard Core 4+

Try www.policy-studies.com. I don't know that we are hiring quite yet, but your background might make an interesting fit.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Hard Core 4+

Appreciate it. Will take a look.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Hard Core 4+

You will have to dive in deeper than the two posted jobs... network, that kind of thing. You may get an exec's attention, particularly in consulting.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Hard Core 4+

I was going to ask. I looked and only saw the 2 posted jobs. Will PM you for additional info.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:24 PM
Hard Core 4+

Jeff I am looking to start a networking group at an area church. Where people can get some help with Resume writing and Network with others. Not everyone will be in your line of work, but you might know people that are hiring and can help someone else out.

'72 FJ-40 - 33's, F&R Disc Brake Conversation, rear ARB, sliders, Winch.

'96 FZJ-80 - Borla Exhaust, ARB w/ M8000, OME 3" lift, sliders, 305 BFG KM2, 4.88's and ARBs, and usually dog hair.

TLCA#5366
Old 02-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Hard Core 4+

Kevin,

If it is during evenings then I would be happy to help. I haven't been able to network as much lately due to work, but when I was unemployed I was going to 8+ events a week. Obviously have a lot of great contacts now.

-Jeff