Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 02-25-2010, 08:38 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
If you give them away, will the recipient ask the same question? I doubt it.
You can add me to the list and I'm no engineer. But it was still a good deal and I'm happy to have done it. However, shopping for something reasonably priced at 4WP is difficult. I ended up using mine towards a fire extinguisher. I could have got it cheaper somewhere else but with the $25 + 10% lets call it a wash.

Summit has always been my goto mail order house for auto parts. They by far had the best deal on my Nitto TG's at the time I got them.
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Old 02-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Thats OK! I was talking about what I needed and what I discovered if you remember. A free $25 gift card is a great bonus no mater how you look at it!

BTW....sorry to pee in your Cheerios Crash!
Okay, let's check the score here: Crash - four wins. Year extensions on TLCA and BRI memberships, an ARB tree saver for essentially $19 plus gift card and being favorably enough impressed with the ARB product purchased at 4WP to consider purchasing other ARB recovery products. Good for business.
Uncle Ben - two wins and one fail (loss) for his $40.
I'm happy four ways so nobody pissed in my Cheerios. The only pissing going on here is someone peeing their pants at a recent old guys concert.
I'm glad to see that you do agree, UB, that the gift card is a great bonus, even though you have a strange way of expressing it, to help causes we feel the same about. Kumbiya!
Old 02-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Okay, let's check the score here: Crash - four wins. Year extensions on TLCA and BRI memberships, an ARB tree saver for essentially $19 plus gift card and being favorably enough impressed with the ARB product purchased at 4WP to consider purchasing other ARB recovery products. Good for business.
Uncle Ben - two wins and one fail (loss) for his $40.
I'm happy four ways so nobody pissed in my Cheerios. The only pissing going on here is someone peeing their pants at a recent old guys concert.
I'm glad to see that you do agree, UB, that the gift card is a great bonus, even though you have a strange way of expressing it, to help causes we feel the same about. Kumbiya!
Not quite sure while your taking defense to my comment that 4WPW discount isn't. I have been quite clear that the whole deal is awesome! I am now paid up with TLCA till 2015, I am a life member of BRC so that money was a donation and I got a $25 cushion in the inflated price at 4 Wheel Parts (not even close to) Wholesale. Hakuna Matata!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 02-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Rising Sun Member

Dumb question: Can the gift card be used on-line for a WWW purchase, or do I have to go to the brick and mortar shop to buy something?
Old 02-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Hard Core 4+

My only problem is that they did not extend my membership, they started it in Jan.

The Rising Sun extended my membership last year for being a trail leader, thanks again BTW. I just need to call TLCA and get it all worked out.

$25 is still nice even if I am going to spend more because I always do

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 02-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Not quite sure while your taking defense to my comment that 4WPW discount isn't. I have been quite clear that the whole deal is awesome! I am now paid up with TLCA till 2015, I am a life member of BRC so that money was a donation and I got a $25 cushion in the inflated price at 4 Wheel Parts (not even close to) Wholesale. Hakuna Matata!
I have no idea what you are trying to say in the first sentence above and I'm not going to google Hakuna Matata. Please excuse my inability to see how you have been clear, in your words, that the entire deal is awesome when I read the below quote from your post #10 in this thread:

Win win and fail! Got my $25 card too and so I'm thinking woo hooo I can get a sweet deal on a couple expensive items I need to get. I discover that with 4WPW 10% instant discount they have giving right now AND my $25 gift card the items I want are still $60+ more than Summit Racings everyday price. Not sure what I'll buy there now but I'm guessing it will not be much more than $25!

Quickly searching the 'net for the going price of the ARB730 tree saver, I find that 4WP's everyday price is about as inexpensive as anyone else's - $44.95. When I took the strap up to the counter at 4WP, I asked if it was on sale today and was told that, yes, it was for $40.49. Handed the guy my gift card, he rang it up and I owed $19.01. Perhaps if the parts I wanted were expensive, I wouldn't be as happy but as it is, the deal was a winner all the way for me. My whole point of beating this to death is that I see no need of any negativity when the idea of the promotion is to help bolster the ranks of like-minded folks when it comes to offroading. Being the "coolest mofo in Rising Sun" according to Jenny Cruiser, and I don't argue the accuracy of JC's comment at all, you must realize the responsibility that goes with that description. Someone in the club that looks up to you and your choices may take your "fail" portion of the above quote to mean that maybe it isn't such a good deal afterall. I certainly hope not.
Over and out,
Steve
Old 02-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
I'm not going to google Hakuna Matata.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejEVczA8PLU

Sorry Steve I had to post this. My daughter was little when this movie came out. Everyday when I got home this movie was playing and of course she made me watch it with her. One of my favorite memories of when she was little.

______
Old 02-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Hard Core 4+

That is a good movie whether you are a kid or an adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 02-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
Dumb question: Can the gift card be used on-line for a WWW purchase, or do I have to go to the brick and mortar shop to buy something?
www worked for me just fine.
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Old 02-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJBRADY View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejEVczA8PLU

Sorry Steve I had to post this. My daughter was little when this movie came out. Everyday when I got home this movie was playing and of course she made me watch it with her. One of my favorite memories of when she was little.
Thanks, Steve, hakuna matata indeed and now I know!