Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 04-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Rock Stacker

Default Didnt get registered. Can i crash this event?

Ii missed the registration deadline. can i still come?? or at least use the trails?? or hang out??lol
Old 04-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Hard Core 4+

17 views and no comments, So I'll step in. While the areas we use are public land and open to anyone's use. We(Cruise Moab) as an event operate under a special permit that allows a certain number of vehicles on each trail per day. Our permit is always in jeopardy and the BLM watches us carefully for violations. There are other things like TLCA membership and insurance issues. I am not trying to discourage you from visiting Moab during the time we are there. But, I'll ask that you make your best effort to choose trails that we are not using for the event. Or at least avoid running into us while we are on trail. As a trail leader it's difficult to tell some one that we meet on the trail, "Sorry, but No you can't follow us." Please try not to put the Trail Leaders and organizers in that situation. We promote responsible land use and as such have to abide by the regulations.

Others will chime in with their thoughts. I'm sorry. Please visit our "events planning" and join us for another trail this summer, Farnham St John (not part of the CM committee)

feel free to delete this post if I am speaking out of place.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Wincher

Send a message via AIM to Haku

I'm interested too actually, but more for camping and hanging out and less for running trails along with your group. I understand the official gathering place is at Area BFE, and was wondering whether it was cool to maybe join in there (not in anything official or that others are paying for, but just to hang out and enjoy the company of other Toyota enthusiasts).

JH
Old 04-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Rock Stacker

I dont plan on "following" anyone. Never have. lol. Just wanted to see the Vendors and exhibits by Toyota and the other 4WD suppliers.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny treats View Post
I dont plan on "following" anyone. Never have. lol. Just wanted to see the Vendors and exhibits by Toyota and the other 4WD suppliers.
the best part of cm is hanging with other cruiserheads. i won't make it this year, but next year, i plan on doing all outlaw stuff and hitting the trails not included in cm for the simple plan of hitting trails besides all the same stuff. give it a try (then be sure to tell me how good some are ), but definitely be sure to hang out around camp, even if you're not camped there. it's a blast!
ige tlca #1431
Old 04-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku View Post
I'm interested too actually, but more for camping and hanging out and less for running trails along with your group. I understand the official gathering place is at Area BFE, and was wondering whether it was cool to maybe join in there (not in anything official or that others are paying for, but just to hang out and enjoy the company of other Toyota enthusiasts).

JH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny treats View Post
I would send a PM to Hants White (Hants) and/or Matt Farr (Hulk) regarding the best approach to just hanging out with the group and/or camping at Area BFE during the event. I believe there are some special provisions setup for folks that don't want to run the trails but would like to be part of the event and camp at Area BFE.

TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 04-05-2010, 04:31 AM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via Yahoo to Hants

Please PM me or send an email to registration@cruisemoab.com, and I'll give you the details.

"that guy down in Colorado Springs" - Jeff

"Damn you, Hants White!" - CruiserDan

"Wanna race?" - Bill Morgan

"Live long, love lots, cruise often." - Robert Fortune
Old 04-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Hants will take care of you. We have an option for people who just want to camp and hang out. Thanks.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.