Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 04-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Rock Stacker

Default trying to join

hey there, i'm trying to join your club, i'm planing on coming to the meeting tonight but the "here's how to become a member" link in the "interested in rising sun" forum won't work on any of my computers. is there anything i should bring tonight?
Old 04-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Rising Sun Member

The link is working fine from my computer currently. The information on that page is:

Overview
Rising Sun is dedicated to having great 'wheelin fun for the individual or the whole family. Land use reforms, keeping our trails open, and above all, responsible trail use. Our members offer a range of expertise from stock restoration to highly modified rigs, a vast knowledge of trails in Colorado, Utah and around the U.S. Rising Sun is the sponsor of North America's premier four wheeling event, Cruise Moab. Held in Moab, Utah, our annual spring event features guided trail runs, activities, a killer raffle with prizes to make any 'Cruiserhead's mouth water and a great awards dinner. Print this page from your browser, fill out the simple form below, bring it to a meeting and we'll get you started on your way to becoming a member of the first and best Toyota 4X4 club in the Denver area.

Requirements
Our full membership* requirements are simple: You must be a Toyota 4x4 owner (Land Cruiser, mini-pickup, Tacoma, T-100, Tundra, 4Runner, FJ Cruiser), come to one meeting, and one event, write a short bio about your vehicle, be voted in, and pay our annual dues of $60 ($30 is to rising sun, $30 to United 4WD). Our meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30pm, in the meeting room at Stevinson West Toyota. Stevinson Toyota is on Indiana St, just North or 6th ave and just south of Colfax and I70 near Colorado Mills. Park on the south side.
*We offer a "limited" associate member status to owners of other than Toyota vehicles. Vehicle must be 4 wheel drive. Associate status excludes voting rights.

Procedure
Print the application form.
Check the calendar for meeting time & place.
Fill out the form and bring it to a meeting.
SOLD - 1971 FJ-40
TLCA #18941
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andernutz View Post
hey there, i'm trying to join your club, i'm planing on coming to the meeting tonight but the "here's how to become a member" link in the "interested in rising sun" forum won't work on any of my computers. is there anything i should bring tonight?
Welcome

I assume you've read this:

Quote:
Requirements

Our full membership* requirements are simple: You must be a Toyota 4x4 owner (Land Cruiser, mini-pickup, Tacoma, T-100, Tundra, 4Runner, FJ Cruiser), come to one meeting, and one event, write a short bio about your vehicle, be voted in, and pay our annual dues of $60 ($30 is to rising sun, $30 to United 4WD). Our meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30pm, in the meeting room at Stevinson West Toyota. Stevinson Toyota is on Indiana St, just North or 6th ave and just south of Colfax and I70 near Colorado Mills. Park on the south side.
*We offer a "limited" associate member status to owners of other than Toyota vehicles. Vehicle must be 4 wheel drive. Associate status excludes voting rights.
Procedure

Print the application form.
Check the calendar for meeting time & place.
Fill out the form and bring it to a meeting.
Have you attended an event yet? Please do come to the meeting either way. We are low pressure so no rush to join until you get to know us

If you have met the requirements, met us, and still want to join anyway (), we have applications you can fill out while you are at the meeting - just come up to the front and grab an app and bring a pen
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Rising Sun Member

Welcome to the forum.

Edit: Looks like Jeff and Ricardo beat me to the info.

'85 FJ60
Old 04-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Rising Sun Member

LOL...

We REALLY are a no pressure club...very helpful bunch we are though as you can tell
TLCA #17037

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

Old 04-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Rising Sun Member

We usually have copies of the application form at the meeting. The one requirement that trips people up (from time to time) is that you must have attended one event. We hold very true to that. The club is full of a bunch of good people, but we don't want prospective members to just take our word for that. Upon attending an event, prospective members get a chance to check us out and make sure we're the kind of group they want to be a part of.

Edit: Dang Martin and Jeff, you guys are all over this
SOLD - 1971 FJ-40
TLCA #18941
Old 04-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Did anyone mention the blood ritual? Best to say no more....
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Rock Stacker

awesome! thanks guys! i'll be there tonight with a pen, a bio and some blood for this ritual
Old 04-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andernutz View Post
awesome! thanks guys! i'll be there tonight with a pen, a bio and some blood for this ritual

Usually folks start showing up ~7pm to chat, look at trucks, etc. Don't be shy - Hopefully someone will notice the new face and say hi and chit-chat with you.
TLCA #17037

:

Old 04-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Hard Core 4+

We meeting at OTB? On the Border for a beer before hand if you want to meet us there. Not sure of the address but it is on West Colfax. I am sure somebody has the addy here.

Oh and welcome............and I prefer O-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me