Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 04-23-2010, 11:30 AM
Hard Core 4+

I can care less about his religion, I was also under the impression he was a good collage player but the overwhelming word from what I've heard (for a while) that he would be a sub par pro QB. I hope he is traded, Tebow to, but who would take josh. Anyone....PLEASE!

2008 FJC (SRTBUS)

"In-justice is a threat 2 justice everywhere" MLK

"I remain just one thing, and one thing only- And that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician." Charlie Chaplin
Old 04-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Hard Core 4+

I really like Tebow, I like the Gators too!

However, and hopefully not to jinx him, but UF has yet to have one of their awesome (in college) QB's do much in the NFL... if at all.

However, I think Tebow is one of the best out there this season. However, the NFL is SUCH A HUGE jump from college ball, it is hard to tell how any of these dudes are going to do.

1999 UZJ 100 Series bone stock ready to rock AKA:The backup minivan

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan, fastest Toyota in the stable.

My camping trailer build up thread.

"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Old 04-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Rising Sun Member

he was the best QB in college ball and won the Heismen. Experts are saying he can't make the transition because of the way he throws the ball. With as much talent as he has, I bet he will suprize the experts and be a star.

I think Josh made a good call here. Trading Shedfler for a 5th round pick was a bad call

I agree with letting the whining Marshall go.
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 04-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Hard Core 4+

I agree with letting the whining Marshall go.[/quote]

Marshall was a cancer to the team, Cutler was the cry baby to me, I just don't see him being a great pro QB.

what would be the score, if you can come up with one, on QB's that won a championship or the Hiesmen and how or where they R now. I just think that the money we will give him will be far to much. I can not stand Cutler but I'm starting to miss him just a little.

2008 FJC (SRTBUS)

"In-justice is a threat 2 justice everywhere" MLK

"I remain just one thing, and one thing only- And that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician." Charlie Chaplin
Old 04-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
he was the best QB in college ball and won the Heismen.
should we list the heisman qb winners in the last 20 years that were a bust?

andre ware
ty detmer
gino toretta
charlie ward
danny wuerffel
chris wienke
eric crouch
jason white
matt lienart
troy smith

the latest is bradford and tebow..

any of the above you reconize much less play in the nfl? are any in the hall of fame? the only one I didn't list is carson palmer since I think he as heiman winner has a strong nfl career..

Otherwise history says Tebow and bradford will not have promising NFL careers
TLCA#4180
Old 04-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Rising Sun Member

Here's the deal:

we trade down down down to 24 back up to 22 through new england to draft thomas who is a good player. He is on the slower side for a number 1 starter WR, and that is one position that typically can be filled with top-notch talent in rounds 2 and 3, in fact most projections had thomas going in the 2nd to 3rd round. we picked him at #22 of round 1.

we EASILY could have picked him at 24, nobody wanted him in the first round, nobody wanted him ahead of the best receiver in the draft, Dez Bryant.

When the cowboys saw that, they got giddy, traded up to 24 and picked up Bryant. They figured we'd go after him since we kicked Marshall, the best receiver in the league, to the curb. But alas, they underestimated the stupidity of our staff, and Bryant fell into their lap.

Then, eager to add a 4th quarterback to the roster, one who by all accounts won't actually play quarterback with any degree of regularity for at least 2 seasons if he can actually make the requisite changes to his game to do so, we trade up again (giving away a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounder up) to draft Tim-freaking-Tebow.

A quarterback, who was a nice player in college but has a 590ms release time (which is 2 weeks in NFL time) but through recent changes has been able to get that down to 560ms, which is only like a week and a half in NFL time.

And then there is much question about if he can succeed in a pro style offense, he isn't the right type of player right now for that.

So...he can't throw without getting sacked, and he has never been asked to make any kind of reads even close to what he will see in the NFL.

That is the big knock on Tebow...it is a HUGE unknown if he can even make the adjustments necessary to be a SERVICEABLE nfl quarterback, much less a first rounder.

You don't draft quarterbacks in the first round that you don't plan on being your quarterback of the future....This was the single most arrogant pick of the draft, arrogant on McDaniels' part.
The best accounts say that we got nervous Buffalo was going to trade up into round 1 and draft Tebow, which wasn't the case, we panicked.

Only McDaniels could think he can ignore the glaring needs of this team and draft a fix-er-upper to sit in a stable of 4 quarterbacks for the next 3 seasons and play a little H-Back on occassion and somehow make that worth a first round pick.

McDaniels is an arrogant train wreck desperately trying to step out of the shadows of his mentor by making bold moves. But they are costly ones. This was a horrible 1st round, even worse than last year's 1st round turned out to be.

Which by all accounts now has proved to be a disaster, not just a bunch of mcdaniels-haters bitching.

I wish I didn't love the Broncos, cause they just bought a whole lot of heartache putting all their eggs in the tebow basket.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Rising Sun Member

I just thought of the upside to this whole thing:

every year I burn countless hours watching the Broncos play.

Now this year I'll have more time to sit in the garage and tinker.

Oh...and Bowlen got a guy back in the stable that'll seel Jerseys again for a while, then maybe he'll be able to afford the top 6 pick he'll be faced with in next year's draft.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Rising Sun Commander

I remember when the Chargers drafted Ryan Leaf ahead of Manning... man I hope that isn't us this year.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 04-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Rising Sun Member

I'm just not looking forward to the sideshow that comes along with the guy. Coupled with the fact that many talent evaluators say he won't cut it, I think McDaniels will be gone after this year or next if they Broncos don't get close to the Superbowl.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Quote:
Originally Posted by simps80 View Post
Here's the deal:
I was beginning to worry you got converted to a follower

TLCA#4180