Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 05-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Wasatch Cruisers

What an awesome time!
Camping at BFE was cold at times, But nothing we couldn't handle and yes the caterers were great, It was nice to have a hot cup of coffee in the morning while teching in on Wed and Thurs, The raffle dinner was superb if you ask me Of course walking out of the raffle a winner certainly helped out
Thanks again for all the great work!
FWIW, BFE is a great spot.
TLCA #8382
Wasatch Cruisers
Home of the cruiser rings
Old 05-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Honorary Canuck Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bigbluefj

Man looks like i missed out on some good food and fun, oh well maybe next time thanks for the pics looks like all had fun!!
Old 05-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Rising Sun Member

It was an all-round great time! Rising Sun did the usual outstanding job of running the event, raffle and dinner. A big THANK YOU and WELL DONE! from me and all who were with my group.

Pics to come later...left my camera in Crested Butte in the truck. Terry

"13" Taco 4X4 Extra Cab, Firestone Air Ride, Airstream tow vehicle - "Daily Driver"
Old 05-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Rising Sun Member

Here is wipeout hill on Friday

I didn't get to take any pictures as I was spotting down the hill
Attached Images

11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 05-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Hard Core 4+

Back home. Man what an awesome week. Thank you to everyone who put this thing together. And thanks to Tim, Marco, Matt, Bruce and Chris for the fun times before the event. Thanks to Kurt, Paul and the rest of the Wasatch gang who put a lot of work into the overnighter. But most of all, thanks to Marco, Bill, Boyd, Alan, Bruce and Daniel for helping me get off the trail and home. Didnt think I could top last years event, but this year is one for the books. Working through the 600 some photos that I took and will start posting when finished.

And on a side note, Jeremiah came up to me today mentioning something about a sas.

Again Thanks all!!!!!!

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 05-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Hard Core 4+

About ready for bed, but thought i'd share some of the fun we had during the week. Again, will go through the rest this week

Attached Images

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 05-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Hard Core 4+

Vail Pass has been closed since 8:00 pm this eve due to snow and apparently an eastbound accident.

We are hanging in the Vail parking lot above the Botanical Gardens, est 30 more mins to reopen according to police.

Be safe, especially those who are towing. CO Trip cams show snowpack on the pass still.

CM was awesome
Old 05-03-2010, 04:36 AM
Trail Ready

Hope you all made it through okay. We hit Vail Pass at about 2:00pm yesterday on the way home from CM and could not believe how bad it was. Hoosier Pass on CO-9 was even worse because the plows weren't even out and the visibility was horrible.

You all did an outstanding job on the event. My wife has already said she wants to go again next year.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

vail was nasty when we went through and there was at least 1 accident on each side. Eisenhower was just wet by the time we went up. The east side was slow even though it not really snowing but it was packed ice. I saw on the news they closed it for the night. I didn't know when that was and hopfully everyone got though but i guess that wasn't the case.
TLCA#4180
Old 05-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

We made it back safe. The roads were perfect when we made it through. It was snowing pretty hard between copper and frisco and the 30 car pileup was minutes after we passed. Ham was awesome as always with up to the minute weather and road conditions. No wifi in camp so not much 'live from CM' this year. I broke a short side axle the first trip out so I relaxed most of the time. Axle from Randy, bearing from Proffits, AAA from Woody, and we were back up to lead Kane Creek Saturday. BFE was a consistent ten degrees colder than Moab so I agree the second week of the permit would be a good call.
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133