Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Notices

Old 07-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Hard Core 4+

Not much help here but if you have a lot of wires/hoses I just mark them with tape and numbers. That way I just match up 1 to 1 and 2 to 2 very easy at that point.

BTW I really like your stand, that is a great idea, just wish I had one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 07-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
while the remainder of 80 owners have done nothing, due to either disinterest, skepticism, or oblivion. Hey which are you?
I'm oblivious, thanks. And thanks for posting all this up, to edumacate folks like me.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
I've been clearing codes for a month now.. has only been 402 until today, was surprised by the other two. And I blasted some carb cleaner all around and am able to blow air through every vacuum line and port on the TB itself. I will try to poke a paper clip in through the three tiny ones that are right at the butterfly valve later tonight once everyone else is cribbin..

this sucks, and with no receiver hitch on the Taco it could be tent camping instead of pop-up camping at Camp Hale, which likely makes is a boy-only trip.. I'm sorry 80, I'll get you some more attention soon, promise.
find some time to swing by this week. we can fix the hitch on the taco. Wouldn't want you to have to pass up the opportunity to have the whole fam there.
82 FJ40
Old 07-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Rising Sun Member

so what actually causes the p0402 code to set? How does it sense excessive egr flow?
82 FJ40
Old 07-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Matt I bribed our club expert into coming over on Wednesday.. I'm going to hold off throwing the wallet at the issue until he's had a chance to diagnose.

I did make some calls, here is Stevenson West's pricing (our RS price).

EGR Valve $147.02
EGR Check Valve $57.82
EGR Temp Sensor $170.42

Other Matt, the problem is that wiring is kind of buried, so takes an hour just to get to it. I wouldn't pull everything off just for that though, but if you're in there for some other reason, wrapping those wires is probably worth doing.

Tom, yeah that ladder is one of those things you trip over 363 days per year, but then a couple of times you're pretty glad you've got it. I was kneeling on that piece of wood to access the back of the engine, the "workbench" area is actually an FJ40 tailgate..

Marco that would be sweet if you wanted to get to that bumper this week, it's been tough not having trailer capability on the truck, even if we end up rolling in the 80 this weekend after all. I'll give you a call, thanks!

www.gamiviti.com

Old 07-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Hard Core 4+

You may have already done so, but worth checking the vaccum through-passage in the intake incase that clogged? Thats what caused my 401. I don't recall if that could also cause a 402.