Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-26-2010, 03:27 PM
TonkaToy's Avatar
TonkaToy TonkaToy is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Thornton, Colorado
Posts: 175
Default tire valve stem 'covers'

So, I have a compressor for 'end of trail' refills on my tires.
I was on a run a while back and saw some of the guys had these valve stem covers that were real easy to work with on deflation. I seem to recall, they just twisted them and they started the deflate, twist them again when you're done.
Any idea where I might get a set of these? Did I imagine it?
I got the pump from Harbour Freight so hopefully, it will serve my needs!
I will find out Saturday on the 40's only run, I guess!
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-26-2010, 03:37 PM
FJBRADY's Avatar
FJBRADY FJBRADY is online now
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 2,040
Default

You could spring for Stauns, which I have, but I use the cheapo terraflex ones all the time. I would recommend the terraflex ones.

http://www.parksoffroad.com/prodrevi...flatormain.htm
__________________
Steve Brady
TLCA # 19524
KD0JVZ

97 LX450
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,151
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkaToy View Post
So, I have a compressor for 'end of trail' refills on my tires.
I was on a run a while back and saw some of the guys had these valve stem covers that were real easy to work with on deflation. I seem to recall, they just twisted them and they started the deflate, twist them again when you're done.
Any idea where I might get a set of these? Did I imagine it?
I got the pump from Harbour Freight so hopefully, it will serve my needs!
I will find out Saturday on the 40's only run, I guess!
Thanks
I have these on my 40 and I love them! I also have short rubber ones on the same wheel that I put the pressure gauge on.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...t-p-16505.html

These are much cheaper and work pretty good for what they are...

http://www.parksoffroad.com/prodrevi...unevraduse.htm
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-26-2010, 04:48 PM
rover67's Avatar
rover67 rover67 is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Boulder, Co
Posts: 5,345
Default

I have the Stauns, but I really dig this little guy:

http://www.parksoffroad.com/prodrevi.../ezdeflate.htm

It may be what I get for the 40.
__________________
Marco Capote
KDGWX
85 FJ60
82 FJ40
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,151
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover67 View Post
I have the Stauns, but I really dig this little guy:

http://www.parksoffroad.com/prodrevi.../ezdeflate.htm

It may be what I get for the 40.
That what I use in my 80....I really like it! I should have an extra one I had in my 40 with the previous wheels if you wanna try before you buy.
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Corbet's Avatar
Corbet Corbet is online now
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Durango, Colorado
Posts: 3,988
Default

I have the ARB deflator that removes the valve core while the special gauge thing is screwed onto the stem. Works well
__________________
Speski OffRoad LTD, Cargo Solutions for Toyota 4x4's http://www.SpeskiOffRoad.com
"80 series, with a fridge"
1976 FJ40, Project with little progress.
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-26-2010, 11:21 PM
TonkaToy's Avatar
TonkaToy TonkaToy is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Thornton, Colorado
Posts: 175
Default

Thanks for all the responses. I will try and get down to the 4 Wheel parts store this week.
Hope to see some of you on Saturday!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.