Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 08-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Hard Core 4+

Isaac is dead on. I drove IFS for many many years. All my ball joints, a arm bushings, and tie rods were wasted and it was actually cheaper to SAS the truck at the point. Besides, I wanted 37s to keep up with jkimmel on the trail.

If you want 33s or less, leave it stock. If you want 35s and up and you are wearing out your tires funny 'cause your suspension is trashed, go SAS.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Wincher

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Lets start with a little history. Lived in western WA most of my life (except the first 13 lived in NEBR. GO BIG RED) I bought this off the lot in the end of 95, 1 owner rig so I know the history and it has seen a lot in 222226 miles but none of it was wheeling. Wheeling sucks in Wa to many locked gates.

We have been in CO for about six months now and I almost didn't bring this ride down to CO, but I'm glad I did. This is not my DD and no kids at home so not to worried about mods. not sure if you seen my notes for our first trip but My wife (Ronda) probably will never be an extreme wheeler, we are going to start slow and go from their. after I make these mods I'm not planning on tire upgrades until the 31's wear out.

I would love to go with SAS but not yet, other things get my extra cash for now.