Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 08-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Lifted

Give this one a try. It's a long shot usually, but a few weeks ago they had round trip to Phoenix (my home town) for $89. If a deal comes up, you can book it weeks or even months in advance.

www.airfarewatchdog.com
1996 4runner Limited, retrofitted E-locker, manual hubs, front King Coilover 2" lift, rear Landcruiser 3" lift, drop panhard bracket, 2000 4runner center console/e-brake conversion, K&N air intake, throttle body spacer, OBX headers.

Stay classy Colorado!
Old 08-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearlemon View Post
driving definitely is better than southwest. i'd probably get there sooner. they couldn't take off on time if their life depended on it judging by my last six (and last ever)flights on southwest
I lived in Phoenix for 20 years and still go back there quite a bit as my dad lives there. Plus, when working at the missile range, we fly Southwest. I know I've done hundreds of flights on Southwest. I think the actual on time record for them is and has been the best in the biz. So I think your experience is out of the norm. I found this link saying they were second to Hawaiian and lowest in complaints last year. I be shocked if they were ever lower than #2. http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/02/12...nce/index.html

The reason I am a fan is because they pay their pilots, mechs, and handlers the best in the business. A 737 captain makes more than a 777 captain at United. I just checked a couple months ago and there were two aircraft from any of the major carriers whose captains made more and it was neglible. That's why I'll shop Costco before Walmart. I'm silly that way. I like companies that deliver great product, cheaply, make a profit, and still take care of their people.

Plus, they are one of those companies who transform a market when they enter it. Extremely good for a local economy to have Southwest serve you.

So yeah, I'm a fanboy.

Paul
Old 08-29-2010, 09:57 PM
Honorary Canuck Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bigbluefj

try itravel2000 is what i used last time..