Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 09-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Lifted

Default Damn Thieves

My 97 LC 40th just got broken into or had it's passenger door window busted out with some flag stone. Nothing stolen probably cause I was at home and it happened at 805am this morning. If only I could have gotten out there 2 minutes earlier

Now the technical. I have a glass guy coming out. Do you guys know if the window tint is Bronze on the 40th Sage Color. It appears so and that is what I have coming but thought I would toss it out there. TIA

"Tractor in a Tux"

What Did the Five Fingers Say to the Face.....
Old 09-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

I think the two factory tint options were bronze or green. My black '96 is bronze.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Hard Core 4+

That stinks john. And just after we were talking about putting it in the garage weeks ago. At least they did no good after the Lexus. Most Likely because they know that they can't steal anything out but the Cruiser it has to have some good in it.

Most likely kids being idiots that just togged rocks to see if there was anything for a smash and grab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 09-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

I assume passenger front? I have a left rear passenger glass. All limited editions are Bronze tint.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 09-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Lifted

Thanks guys. I didn't have it in the garage cause I took the roof rack off to get it detailed and was planning on getting the roof rack back on. They didn't touch the Lexus thankfully but I would almost rather them touch that than the LC. I don't think I could replace the LC had they stolen it.

Off to the Yota Yard today to get a new ashtray and brackets for it. I had my Ham radio connected to it and that is probably what they sought. I should have put it away but I have lived here a long time and assumed. You know what that means :-)

Have a guy coming out today at 1pm to replace the front passenger window and figured it was a good time to go ahead and get the windshield done to. Lets see if she leaks afterwards :-) Good thing is I will be here to remind him to seal it really well....

"Tractor in a Tux"

What Did the Five Fingers Say to the Face.....
Old 09-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Rising Sun Member

When I needed a window I called Christo and bought a used one same day at a great price.