Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 10-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default Proffitt's Cruisers is now Larry H. Miller Proffitt's Cruisers!

Larry H. Miller Group Acquires Proffitt’s Cruisers

Company to expand to Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah

SALT LAKE CITY (October __, 2010) – CEO of the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies, Greg Miller, announced today that the company has acquired Proffitt’s Cruisers of Austin, Colorado. Proffitt’s Cruisers has been restoring and building custom Toyota Land Cruisers for over 12 years. The LHM Group plans to continue operations in Austin, Colorado, and will open a new headquarters facility at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah.

“Land Cruisers have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember.” said Miller. “I have enjoyed my relationship with Jeremiah Proffitt as a friend and fellow Cruiser enthusiast. Having had Proffitt’s build and modify several of my personal Land Cruisers I am familiar with the premium quality of their work as well as their excellent customer service. I am excited to welcome Proffitt’s Cruisers to the Miller family of businesses.”

The company plans to expand the operation by offering a wide array of products and services including OEM, aftermarket, and custom parts. They will also manufacture custom parts such as suspension components, bumpers and conversion kits, and make them available for retail customers. Many other exciting ideas are in the works.

“When Greg Miller approached me about joining forces, I knew it would only result in success,” said Jeremiah Proffitt. “I am excited for the opportunity to be a part of a legendary group of companies with both a long history and future in the automotive industry. Furthermore, I am looking forward to developing our new location at Miller Motorsports Park, a truly a world class facility for both on- and off-road racing.”

The Utah location is scheduled to be operational in early December, 2010. For more information on Proffitt’s Cruisers, please visit http://www.proffittscruisers.com.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 10-12-2010, 08:01 AM
Hard Core 4+

Millers are good people, and that is coming from several of their employees that have been there for 15+ years. Assuming they let them continue operating as they did before, it will most likely only enhance their products and services they can offer.

Good for them
Old 10-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Interesting stuff. I hope this means that we'll soon be able to go online and order some Proffitt's products for our 40s.
1996 FZJ80 · TLCA #4189 · WØRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Kimmel View Post
Millers are good people, and that is coming from several of their employees that have been there for 15+ years. Assuming they let them continue operating as they did before, it will most likely only enhance their products and services they can offer.

Good for them
Funny, I watched 15+ people get fired two weeks before christmas @ Larry Miller Toyota a few years back.
2 weeks before x-mas...........
gooood people
Old 10-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROR/AKA 2BAD View Post
Funny, I watched 15+ people get fired two weeks before christmas @ Larry Miller Toyota a few years back.
2 weeks before x-mas...........
gooood people
yep, I've seen that happen at other places too. In fact I remember one store I was at very nearly the same thing happened.