Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 10-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

Last of the pics:

1-3) Last of the recovery. Randy took charge of this one. I like how were in the habbit of appointing a head man for the recover.
4) Group shot (was trying to keep with the "spooky theme".

Thanks again everyone for another great run.

Attached Images

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 10-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Rising Sun Member

Wow what a great time, everyone had a great time. The Kingston Bob sled run was certainly a rush!! Now I need to get this video thing set up, I did the first rescue on video. Thanks Tim for a fun run.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Rock Stacker

Just wanted to give a big thanks to everyone that was on the spooky night run especially our leader Tim. This was my first time off road in colorado and my wife's first off-road trip ever. We both had a great time and can't wait to get out again. Coming down the bobsled run back into Rollinsville made us think we were back in the northeast driving through one of our ice storms.
Here are a bunch of pics, let me know if the link doesn't work.

Sean and Danielle

http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/...20night%20run/
Old 10-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Hard Core 4+

Julie had a great time on her first time out with the club. She even was brave enough to drive after the slick turn on Kingston. Great photos everyone and Tim it was a great time. The food was excellent and wish there was not a fire ban in effect as well. It was a little tricky trying to eat with chopsticks while wearing gloves.

Julie Driving.
Tim Happy to see everyone is having a good time.
Driver's meeting, guest appearance by Spider-man.
Anna watching the road to make sure we don't slide off.
Spooky lights in the distance.
Attached Images

'72 FJ-40 - 33's, F&R Disc Brake Conversation, rear ARB, sliders, Winch.

'96 FZJ-80 - Borla Exhaust, ARB w/ M8000, OME 3" lift, sliders, 305 BFG KM2, 4.88's and ARBs, and usually dog hair.

TLCA#5366

Last edited by Dr. Schlegs; 10-24-2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Needed to add photos, of all the fun!!!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Randy View Post
As we were heading home we were monitoring the radio and we heard Daniel calling for a strap How much more fun can you have?
There was a 1-2' deep snowbank calling me. Fun!

The most exciting part for me was that first switchback before the icy section. We see some guy jogging up the road and figured it was some Boulder ultra-endurance runner out for a training run. As I round the steep switchback its Tim in the middle of the road - in my path - yelling at us "be careful its icy" so naturally in trying to avoid him I start to slide right at him and have to let up on the useless brakes and hope he gets out of the way. He did. My BFG A/Ts barely slipped at all on any of the ice.

Kudos to all the great food. i wish I had more of that chili now!
Old 10-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srptoy View Post
Just wanted to give a big thanks to everyone that was on the spooky night run especially our leader Tim. This was my first time off road in colorado and my wife's first off-road trip ever. We both had a great time and can't wait to get out again. Coming down the bobsled run back into Rollinsville made us think we were back in the northeast driving through one of our ice storms.
Here are a bunch of pics, let me know if the link doesn't work.

Sean and Danielle

http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/...20night%20run/
Glad to have you here in CO and hope to have more time on the trails. Great pictures and thanks for taking so many of me in the deep snow!
Old 10-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Tim that was an Awsome trail! Greg and I had a great time sliding around through the trees trying to catch you guys.. That run through the "tunnel of trees" is fantastic! I definitely want to do that trail again. I was forced to take the antenna off the roof of the runner and put it inside.. we kept noting the scars and nicks on the trees and were wondersing how many of them were fresh

The "infamous turn" on the Bobsled run was incredibly slick, and unlike Daniel, for me it was a semi controlled slide that required pointing the front end up hill and slightly hitting the gas to keep her on the road... What a rush... Thanks again Tim for the heads up on that turn. It has been a long time since i have been driving down a road i can barely walk on because it was so slick..

Thanks agian for letting us join in late and tag along. What a great night!!!!
KD0EXO
Old 10-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Rising Sun Member

Group shot by Dmitry. Its also on Facebook.
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2010, 10:41 PM
Rising Sun Member

That picture of the group is awesome. Great time everyone, although I am not sure my wife will go on any other run if there is even a hint of snow. But, she did say it was scary so I guess the run lived up to its name.

I haven't had time to figure out why smoke came pouring out from behind my dash but when I get a chance, I will give it a look and let you all know.

Justin
78 FJ40, Rear Locker, 33's, power steering, sbc and so much more left to do.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Wincher

Glad to have met everyone and couldn't have hoped for a better inaugural run for me and the mini. Lets just say I'm very glad to have the whole thing bedlined after going through those trees! Not that you can tell anyway, because for some reason I was the only one who came out coated top to bottom in mud.

I'm also glad to have seen the masters at work performing recovery and winchery. I was also able to try my hand at some light recovery with Daniel in the snow bank. The slick section was pretty gut-wrenching, and it was definitely more of a (un)controlled slide with a little gas thrown in to keep things straight. Still have some adrenaline pumping from that!

Anywho, was great to meet everyone. BTW, I came home with an unclaimed lamp that was left at the campsite, so I wanted to see if it belongs to anyone here.

Also, your trash is nestled safely in a City of Denver dumpster.

Daniel