Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 10-31-2010, 10:05 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default Fall River Road 10/29

Had a friend in town for an elk hunt that we had to cancel due to extreme snow up in White River National Forest (and 3 missing hunters), so we did some exploring.

This is the road up to Chinn's Lake off of Fall River Road. Got into some snow about half way to the lake and decided to turn my truck around since it was getting dark and we only had one vehicle.

If anyone is up for a late fall camping trip up there, let me know. I have read that the lakes up this road are beautiful. Looks like I need to bring the FJ60 with the winch next time as an insurance policy.
Attached Images

'00 UZJ100
Old 11-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Rising Sun Member

I spent some time up there this summer on the job. That area really gets trashed. I hauled at least 2 pickup truck loads of garbage out of there that people had left behind. Fire rings full of broken glass and trash, green trees cut down for campfire wood, human excrement and TP, shell casings everywhere...

'85 FJ60
Old 11-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDH33 View Post
I spent some time up there this summer on the job. That area really gets trashed. I hauled at least 2 pickup truck loads of garbage out of there that people had left behind. Fire rings full of broken glass and trash, green trees cut down for campfire wood, human excrement and TP, shell casings everywhere...
Man, I hate to hear that. I guess all of that crap was buried under the nice blanket of snow.

I was also in Pike National Forest this past weekend and saw tons of trash over there. It really aggravates me when people litter. Makes life harder for everyone in the long term.
'00 UZJ100
Old 11-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmontgo View Post
Man, I hate to hear that. I guess all of that crap was buried under the nice blanket of snow.

I was also in Pike National Forest this past weekend and saw tons of trash over there. It really aggravates me when people litter. Makes life harder for everyone in the long term.
Yeah, me too. Unfortunately there's massive atv damage up near the reservoir as well with people making new trails and tearing up hillsides. I wouldn't be surprised to see the area get closed down eventually.

'85 FJ60
Old 11-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDH33 View Post
Yeah, me too. Unfortunately there's massive atv damage up near the reservoir as well with people making new trails and tearing up hillsides. I wouldn't be surprised to see the area get closed down eventually.
That's a shame.
'00 UZJ100