Originally Posted by Trapper50cal
Nice Ride Marco! Impressive level of detail thusfar...
As Corbet mentioned, I did try Remflex twice on my 60 before shipping it off to it's new owner in North Carolina...
both times it failed. The material over the #3 - #4 flanges got pushed up and out. I think the problem is that they state VERY low ft.lb. specs...something like 20 ft./lbs and quite frankly an old nut or bolt can hang up well beyond 20 before it's even completely seated. The first install, I know I over-torqued them, the second time I didn't and both failed. It may just be that the specs they require allow the manifold to shimmy around a bit and tear the material, then allowing the manifold to "eject" it slowly upward. Not impressed.
Yep, mine did the same thing.... pushed up and out in about the same spot. It did make a cool whistling noise through the messed up gasket though. Getting the manifold machined seemed to be the trick, but it was hard to find anybody that wanted to machine it. Most folks shied away from it since it was half Al, half cast iron. They were saying that the cast iron manifold tore up their mills. Anyways, the guys at Spitfire Automotive who were recommended by Gunn belted it down.
Now I'm glad I didn't try the remflex gasket again..