Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 07:34 AM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukshuk View Post
Obstacle (forgot the name, double something...)
Double Slab.

Wow, what a great day of wheeling that was! It couldn't have been any better. Great weather, great company, great scenery, and a great trail!
Old 11-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Rising Sun Member

Great pics! Thanks guys!
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Old 11-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Rising Sun Member

Great run. I had a great time wheeling with everyone and being on a run with my kids. They had a good time also which was rewarding.

We had about 11 rigs and everyone was well built and prepared. It was just Mike Brown. Ige and myself on little 33's. With Dave Nay behind me I didn't touch my recovery gear all day.

Tom was really going for it on the Yoder Rock obstacle. He was having fun and trying a big line I hadn't seen before. He pushed several components of his front end to the breaking point. He still managed to complete the run with us in 2wd and had fun with that also.

We made pretty good time through the double slab and sheps revenge. The decent was pretty tricky and tippy and I assume Tom had problems controlling his rig and flipped. We were down the trail and didn't get to see what happened. He was able to right himself pretty quickly. But, his front end showed some other issues and he had to do a trail fix a slowly limp back.

My 7 year old said several times "Tom is having a rough day". She was very interested to see which side he rolled on on how he would get out of his rig.

Steve drove the Gecko like a champ after he got used to it. Marco flexed out hard over everything real well and ScaldedDog spanked the hard line on whale rock with ease. Cheesman was in "kick back" mode watching all the action and enjoying a well deserved day out wheelin' in the sunshine (no hard line on whale rock for him this time). Nay found some side challenges. Dan skipped the optional obstacles, got through everything cleanly and ate lunch in style (thanks for the bonus lunch). Carlos and the FJCruiser also did real well and were having fun.

The believe Steve had to drive the Gecko back so they could trailer Tom's rig. I assume they got back ok.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Hard Core 4+

cheeseman - did you get a softtopper?

john (johnny) henley
Old 11-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeRunner View Post
Great run. I had a great time wheeling with everyone and being on a run with my kids. They had a good time also which was rewarding.

We had about 11 rigs and everyone was well built and prepared. It was just Mike Brown. Ige and myself on little 33's. With Dave Nay behind me I didn't touch my recovery gear all day.

Tom was really going for it on the Yoder Rock obstacle. He was having fun and trying a big line I hadn't seen before. He pushed several components of his front end to the breaking point. He still managed to complete the run with us in 2wd and had fun with that also.

We made pretty good time through the double slab and sheps revenge. The decent was pretty tricky and tippy and I assume Tom had problems controlling his rig and flipped. We were down the trail and didn't get to see what happened. He was able to right himself pretty quickly. But, his front end showed some other issues and he had to do a trail fix a slowly limp back.

My 7 year old said several times "Tom is having a rough day". She was very interested to see which side he rolled on on how he would get out of his rig.

Steve drove the Gecko like a champ after he got used to it. Marco flexed out hard over everything real well and ScaldedDog spanked the hard line on whale rock with ease. Cheesman was in "kick back" mode watching all the action and enjoying a well deserved day out wheelin' in the sunshine (no hard line on whale rock for him this time). Nay found some side challenges. Dan skipped the optional obstacles, got through everything cleanly and ate lunch in style (thanks for the bonus lunch). Carlos and the FJCruiser also did real well and were having fun.

The believe Steve had to drive the Gecko back so they could trailer Tom's rig. I assume they got back ok.
Scott you are sooo hired as the The Clubs new Trip Report dude

Yup Gecko back in the Rosetta line up safe and sound minus one knuckle stud............Tom's a

Great run

______
Old 11-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Hard Core 4+

I will comment later on all the things, no time to do it now. Still a good day.............sort of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 11-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner View Post
I will comment later on all the things
Tom, you mentioned to me at the begining of the trail that you hit something hard on the front left and soon after everything fell apart maybe a coincidence maybe not.

______
Old 11-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Rising Sun Member

Pictures
Attached Images

______
Old 11-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Rising Sun Member

Few more
Attached Images

______