Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > Ham & CB Radio Corner

Old 11-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Hard Core 4+

Where was everyone yesterday? Drove home in silence from 5:30 to 6:30. I think you guys are just pulling my leg and don't even turn your radios on

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 11-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Heading home soon

I'm gonna hit 146.460 simplex for some CQ action. I'll be on the road in about 20min.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:35 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner View Post
Where was everyone yesterday? Drove home in silence from 5:30 to 6:30. I think you guys are just pulling my leg and don't even turn your radios on
Guilty!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 12-01-2010, 07:21 AM
Rising Sun Member

Default so...quiet...

...I did finally CQ on 145.460 and made contact with someone...very broken contact on low power in my driveway. Shouldn't I have had a better connection? ( I think so).

I haven't set the SWR on the Ham, and the temporary spot I have my antenna installed may not be helping.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:57 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalFJ60 View Post
...I did finally CQ on 145.460 and made contact with someone...very broken contact on low power in my driveway. Shouldn't I have had a better connection? ( I think so).

I haven't set the SWR on the Ham, and the temporary spot I have my antenna installed may not be helping.
L'ville has some propagation issues! You'll find that unless you are on the ridge by Harper lake or the ridge south of Superior or the ridge headed down to Boulder that the send/receive strength just isn't there. To the east seems to be fine and if Jeff were home you could probably talk to him on min power all day long. Shooting to the south or west is a crap shoot. The 145.145 repeater is reachable most of the time as is the 146.310 and 145.460. Simplex just wont go far in this bowl. I have also found that going south along Indiana to the club meetings has a lot of dead spots (my guess is the high tension power lines that parallel that route).
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 12-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Rising Sun Member

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback Dave and UB.

RX was pretty strong, over 50% on the smeter. And from his feeback we were both hearing eachother fairly broken up.

UB...GREAT to know! I live below Harper Lake at the base of that hill (same street as your pal Sean with the blue J**p) so it makes perfect sense regarding the propagation issue. On the way into work this morning, I picked up the "friendship net" (??) on 447.575. listened to folks from Winnipeg, Portland, TX, Calgary...they were coming in VERY strong. (I just need an external speaker for when I'm rolling so I can hear the QSO ).

Is there a meeting tonight? if so, I'll jump back on 146.460 for the drive from Lodo to the meeting for another test.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Rising Sun Member

The air waves are usually pretty busy on meeting night. You should have good luck making contact with someone.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalFJ60 View Post
Thanks for the feedback Dave and UB.

RX was pretty strong, over 50% on the smeter. And from his feeback we were both hearing eachother fairly broken up.

UB...GREAT to know! I live below Harper Lake at the base of that hill (same street as your pal Sean with the blue J**p) so it makes perfect sense regarding the propagation issue. On the way into work this morning, I picked up the "friendship net" (??) on 447.575. listened to folks from Winnipeg, Portland, TX, Calgary...they were coming in VERY strong. (I just need an external speaker for when I'm rolling so I can hear the QSO ).

Is there a meeting tonight? if so, I'll jump back on 146.460 for the drive from Lodo to the meeting for another test.
Shawn, Sean mounted an external speaker in his 60 on the passanger front speaker (near the window). That works realy well! No road noise drowning out the 2M.

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 12-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Hard Core 4+

Dude I was sleeping at 9:22 Seems I can not get anybody on the radio between 5-6. I a sending on high and monitoring 146 and the Denver repeater. I think you guys are all ghosts the snail is for how fast you guys move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 12-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Rising Sun Member

Default finally made a connection.

Since I had yet to actually connect with anyone since I installed the 8900 in the 60, it sure was nice to hear "K0NAK monitoring" yesterday. I could hear Nakman great (simplex) from 36/church ranch while he was at 120th. Although my TX seemed to break up a little on his end. once we hit the "310" repeater it was clear as a bell. so cool.