Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #81  
Old 02-01-2011, 09:12 PM
bh4rnnr's Avatar
bh4rnnr bh4rnnr is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Littleton
Posts: 3,819
Default

Been reading a good book during this past cold snap, seems though theres a few petroglyphs that we missed. Craig Childs does not mention the "Maze" but everything points to it while reading. Apparently one of them is a so called map of the canyons with a little man at the interance, the other, a snake that gets hit by an arowhead of light on the face during the summer solctice, on top of telling you the rest of the lunar year.



When we going back?



Soul of Nowhere
__________________
-Perry Loughridge aka "Skelator" aka KDLDQ
4th gen Coloradoan.
-87 Toyota 4runner. Flat bed by Proffitts Cruisers 5.29 gears, rear locker. 33" mt/r tires. Snackster cooker. Eazi-Awn 1200 RTT and more tube work by the Homegrown Crew . And still more to come


COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 02-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Inukshuk's Avatar
Inukshuk Inukshuk is online now
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh4rnnr View Post
Been reading a good book during this past cold snap, seems though theres a few petroglyphs that we missed. Craig Childs does not mention the "Maze" but everything points to it while reading. Apparently one of them is a so called map of the canyons with a little man at the interance, the other, a snake that gets hit by an arowhead of light on the face during the summer solctice, on top of telling you the rest of the lunar year.
Looks like a great book. Can I borrow when you are done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh4rnnr View Post
When we going back?
How about leave 2/24 PM and come home Sunday 2/27? A quick trip.
__________________
Daniel Markofsky - Daniel@Markofsky.com KDGWR
Denver, Colorado, TLCA # 9972, http://risingsun4x4club.org/
1993 FZJ80 "enhanced", re-built Engine, and prototype GOBI Stealth roof rack
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 02-02-2011, 02:56 PM
bh4rnnr's Avatar
bh4rnnr bh4rnnr is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Littleton
Posts: 3,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukshuk View Post
Looks like a great book. Can I borrow when you are done?




How about leave 2/24 PM and come home Sunday 2/27? A quick trip.
Sure thing. Have another you might enjoy as well. Will send them when I am done readng the current.


as far as the dates, hmmmmm..................
__________________
-Perry Loughridge aka "Skelator" aka KDLDQ
4th gen Coloradoan.
-87 Toyota 4runner. Flat bed by Proffitts Cruisers 5.29 gears, rear locker. 33" mt/r tires. Snackster cooker. Eazi-Awn 1200 RTT and more tube work by the Homegrown Crew . And still more to come


COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 02-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Caribou Sandstorm's Avatar
Caribou Sandstorm Caribou Sandstorm is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,828
Default

rats I want to go back, maybe blow off the trail leader training and go to the Maze instead??? Filter...did I just say that..

Actually, I am planning on doing the kokopelli trail enroute to trail leader training, you guys are welcome to join me for that if you want.
__________________
Chris in Denver
01 UZJ100
TLCA# 18518
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 02-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Inukshuk's Avatar
Inukshuk Inukshuk is online now
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris sandstorm FJ View Post
I am planning on doing the kokopelli trail enroute to trail leader training, you guys are welcome to join me for that if you want.
I'm in. That's a grand idea.
__________________
Daniel Markofsky - Daniel@Markofsky.com KDGWR
Denver, Colorado, TLCA # 9972, http://risingsun4x4club.org/
1993 FZJ80 "enhanced", re-built Engine, and prototype GOBI Stealth roof rack
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 02-02-2011, 09:12 PM
gahi's Avatar
gahi gahi is offline
Locked
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Moab, UT
Posts: 232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh4rnnr View Post
the other, a snake that gets hit by an arowhead of light on the face during the summer solctice, on top of telling you the rest of the lunar year.
Not in the Maze.
__________________
Gary

1996 FZJ80
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 02-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Inukshuk's Avatar
Inukshuk Inukshuk is online now
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahi View Post
Not in the Maze.
You know where?
__________________
Daniel Markofsky - Daniel@Markofsky.com KDGWR
Denver, Colorado, TLCA # 9972, http://risingsun4x4club.org/
1993 FZJ80 "enhanced", re-built Engine, and prototype GOBI Stealth roof rack
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 02-03-2011, 08:25 AM
gahi's Avatar
gahi gahi is offline
Locked
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Moab, UT
Posts: 232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukshuk View Post
You know where?
Yes, but its supposed to be a well kept secret. There are quite a few hidden treasures around that are like this. Usually its someone has to show you. But some are leaking out through the internet and youtube.

I guess the idea behind it is to keep them special, and safe from idiots. If you have to work at something to find it, it means more when you do.

I'll give you a hint. Its somewhere between Gatherer canyon & Hidden Valley.

If you dont find it, I might show a very small group. On a swear-on-your (????) that it will be respected basis.
__________________
Gary

1996 FZJ80
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 02-03-2011, 09:31 AM
bh4rnnr's Avatar
bh4rnnr bh4rnnr is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Littleton
Posts: 3,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahi View Post
Yes, but its supposed to be a well kept secret. There are quite a few hidden treasures around that are like this. Usually its someone has to show you. But some are leaking out through the internet and youtube.

I guess the idea behind it is to keep them special, and safe from idiots. If you have to work at something to find it, it means more when you do.

I'll give you a hint. Its somewhere between Gatherer canyon & Hidden Valley.

If you dont find it, I might show a very small group. On a swear-on-your (????) that it will be respected basis.
Totoaly understand this thought and glad that people have that mind set.

I'd be down for going with a small group, maybe during the summer solctice

__________________
-Perry Loughridge aka "Skelator" aka KDLDQ
4th gen Coloradoan.
-87 Toyota 4runner. Flat bed by Proffitts Cruisers 5.29 gears, rear locker. 33" mt/r tires. Snackster cooker. Eazi-Awn 1200 RTT and more tube work by the Homegrown Crew . And still more to come


COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 02-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Inukshuk's Avatar
Inukshuk Inukshuk is online now
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahi View Post
Yes, but its supposed to be a well kept secret. There are quite a few hidden treasures around that are like this. Usually its someone has to show you. But some are leaking out through the internet and youtube.

I guess the idea behind it is to keep them special, and safe from idiots. If you have to work at something to find it, it means more when you do.

I'll give you a hint. Its somewhere between Gatherer canyon & Hidden Valley.

If you dont find it, I might show a very small group. On a swear-on-your (????) that it will be respected basis.
Perhaps we can get together on the CM pre-run in March. I have a few spots around Moab that all you locals probably know but I have only shared with a few people who I know will respect them.
__________________
Daniel Markofsky - Daniel@Markofsky.com KDGWR
Denver, Colorado, TLCA # 9972, http://risingsun4x4club.org/
1993 FZJ80 "enhanced", re-built Engine, and prototype GOBI Stealth roof rack
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.