Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 03-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Hard Core 4+

Other person made a claim of rear door, spare tire, brakes and her neck. :-/

So probably going to pay my deductible and get a new bumper. Does Slee do insurance work?

"Why does the U.S. care which flag will be hoisted on a small piece of land thousands of miles away?" -- Ron Paul
Old 03-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Rising Sun Member

Dave, the rolling violation point reduction is that it cuts in half after a year, and nothing after 2. I doubt you have 12 points.

Also, as long as you were nice to the officer, and are nice to the DA, you can likely get it cut down to 2.

My fiance did a rotation in traffic court, and was an ADA for a summer. You'd be suprised at how far a little civility and common courtesy will get you.

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead
Old 03-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Rising Sun Member

Slee fixed up my dad's runner after he took out a beamer with his ARB. Got it all fixed up and looking good with a new bumper and headlight bracket.

Generation Dead
Old 03-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
Dave, the rolling violation point reduction is that it cuts in half after a year, and nothing after 2. I doubt you have 12 points.

Also, as long as you were nice to the officer, and are nice to the DA, you can likely get it cut down to 2.

My fiance did a rotation in traffic court, and was an ADA for a summer. You'd be suprised at how far a little civility and common courtesy will get you.
You are right, 12 points in 12 consecutive months, 18 in 24. If they throw the book at me it's 6 in 12 months and 9 in 36 months (all Arapahoe County, City of Centennial oddly enough). It would be 12 in 3 years. It was a weird situation, which is why I suggested we call the cops. Clearly I rear ended her, so I gave her my insurance info. When I asked for hers and was going to suggest she get an estimate to the damage so that we might not need to involve insurance. She would not give me insurance info or anything and wanted me to admit fault right then and there, which I was not going to do. So instead we got Arapahoe County sheriffs, a police report and BOTH got tickets. So there's obviously more to it than just me rear ending her Jeep. And yes, I was and am nothing but honest and polite to police. I have my philosophical views on the 'system' but there's no good served in being a prick.

"Why does the U.S. care which flag will be hoisted on a small piece of land thousands of miles away?" -- Ron Paul
Old 03-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
You are right, 12 points in 12 consecutive months, 18 in 24. If they throw the book at me it's 6 in 12 months and 9 in 36 months (all Arapahoe County, City of Centennial oddly enough). It would be 12 in 3 years. It was a weird situation, which is why I suggested we call the cops. Clearly I rear ended her, so I gave her my insurance info. When I asked for hers and was going to suggest she get an estimate to the damage so that we might not need to involve insurance. She would not give me insurance info or anything and wanted me to admit fault right then and there, which I was not going to do. So instead we got Arapahoe County sheriffs, a police report and BOTH got tickets. So there's obviously more to it than just me rear ending her Jeep. And yes, I was and am nothing but honest and polite to police. I have my philosophical views on the 'system' but there's no good served in being a prick.
Yup!

Good to hear that she also got a ticket as you may not have to cover all her losses that way, depending on how the insurance companies doll out fault.

Not that a ticket on her part will neccessarily do anything for you, but it may help your insurance company fight to extend partial fault to her, lessening the cost out, and possibly keeping your premiums from hitting the roof.

Hard to say though. Lots of money to be made as an actuary for the insurance firms. LOL.

Generation Dead
Old 03-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
It would be 12 in 3 years.
Should correct this typo, I /thought/ it was 12 in 3 years, I currently have 5 points in the last 3 and this is up to a 4 point offense.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
I have my philosophical views on the 'system' but there's no good served in being a prick.
words to live by.

john (johnny) henley
Old 03-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Oleg straightened out the lower portion of my ARB bumper where it had yielded to large rocks. It's now bent again.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
Oleg straightened out the lower portion of my ARB bumper where it had yielded to large rocks. It's now bent again.
Have you figured out what causes the bending, Matt? In my case, driving the Escalator from top to bottom was the problem and I haven't suffered that ever again and the ARB is still straight.