Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 04-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Trail Ready

Default looking for reputable toyota shop P0300

My wife's 100 is running incredibly rough and throwing p0300, p0303, p0304, and p0308 misfire codes. Replaced all the spark plugs, coil pack in # 3 and 4 and injector in 4 so far. I don't have the time to troubleshoot any more and need to find a reputable shop that won't rip my wife off when she takes the truck in. If I had more time I would do it myself.

Anyone have any suggestions. I'm am in south east aurora so the closer the better

Thanks.
Matt
Old 04-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Hard Core 4+

take it to any toyota dealer. there not over priced like ppl think, there labor is actually cheaper than most ppl assume.. its just the parts that cost more.. becuase there orgional.. but they also see the issue your experancing every day. and know exactlly what the issue is and how to fix it.. which means that your going to get your truck back faster, and fixed the first time..
Old 04-24-2011, 08:51 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

If you are looking for an Independent shop try Jesse owner of ATLR 303-487-6195. He has a small shop and is trustworthy. Here is his website http://www.atlr.net/
Old 04-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMZTOY View Post
take it to any toyota dealer. there not over priced like ppl think, there labor is actually cheaper than most ppl assume.. its just the parts that cost more.. becuase there orgional.. but they also see the issue your experancing every day. and know exactlly what the issue is and how to fix it.. which means that your going to get your truck back faster, and fixed the first time..
Work at a Toyota Dealer? don't worry, So do I The price can be hard to deal with. $125 an hour kills.

From the sounds of it, I'd guess you overheated it at some point. Those coil packs don't like that high of temperatures and will typically fail over time. Replace one, couple weeks later another one goes. I have not seen many head gasket issues with those, usually external leaks, could be though.

1st, play the coil swap game and see if the misfire follows. if not....
2nd, have a bore scope performed with a coolant pressure test and compression check
3rd, swap the injectors around, a 2uz is not that difficult
94 pickup in a pile of parts
Old 04-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Rising Sun member

I've used Toy Car Care on multiple occasions as well, they're off Arapahoe and Potomac.
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 04-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatkid View Post
Work at a Toyota Dealer? don't worry, So do I The price can be hard to deal with. $125 an hour kills.
yep. but most shops charge from $90-140 per hour.. so 125 is pretty reasonable
Old 04-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Rising Sun Member

On arapahoe rd and Potomic is toy car care. They are good guys and I take our vehicles there sometimes
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 05-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
On arapahoe rd and Potomic is toy car care. They are good guys and I take our vehicles there sometimes
yeah took the truck there. they did good work and were pretty fast too. thanks guys.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Hard Core 4+

But what was it?
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Trail Ready

turned out to be another 2 bad coil packs. i should probably order the fsm before these types of things cost me more money... there is a test in the fsm for the coil packs right??