Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 05-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Throwing out some ideas as food for thought and further discussion:

Make a deal with Archway to rent their dirt area for the duration of the event. Make the tent a little (maybe a lot) bigger (there was tons of room) and set up registration, tech inspection and vendor night there too. Have the porta-johns there the entire time the tent is present. The committee could rent a few rooms or a even a small conference room at Archway. You could possibly even do the registration inside and have the trail boss event HQ there. That would make it easy to lock up stuff at the end of each day.

That way some folks could just stay at Archway, thats the incentive for Archway to give us good rates, etc. We make it the "official" hotel for CM and maybe they give special room rates for folks who book in advance.

That way everyone can decide to either stay at Archway (or some other hotel) camp at SRCG or camp in some wilderness area. It would still be a quick drive over to event HQ for anyone not staying at Archway (committee members, volunteers, participants, etc) from just about any where except BFE or other remote campsites.
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 69 FJ40 "Meanie" & 1970 Boss 302 Mustang
Old 05-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJBRADY View Post
Probably right.
Ouch.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Make a deal with Archway to rent their dirt area for the duration of the event. Make the tent a little (maybe a lot) bigger (there was tons of room) and set up registration, tech inspection and vendor night there too. Have the porta-johns there the entire time the tent is present. The committee could rent a few rooms or a even a small conference room at Archway. You could possibly even do the registration inside and have the trail boss event HQ there. That would make it easy to lock up stuff at the end of each day.

That way some folks could just stay at Archway, thats the incentive for Archway to give us good rates, etc. We make it the "official" hotel for CM and maybe they give special room rates for folks who book in advance.

That way everyone can decide to either stay at Archway (or some other hotel) camp at SRCG or camp in some wilderness area. It would still be a quick drive over to event HQ for anyone not staying at Archway (committee members, volunteers, participants, etc) from just about any where except BFE or other remote campsites.
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 69 FJ40 "Meanie" & 1970 Boss 302 Mustang
Old 05-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
The dinner and giant tent in the Archway Inn parking lot were absolutely fantastic. It was super close to Slickrock Campground. It was a great atmosphere and the raffle went off nicely. The meal was decent, too, although I remember the food being better last year.

One thing that I was disappointed by was that the shirt size I had pre-ordered for my son was no longer available when I showed up to check in Thursday afternoon (I was on the overnight run so I checked in late). It seems like we should pull the shirts for people who pre-order so they get the sizes they paid for.

I also think Stephen Rudy is an awesome ambassador of the club. Time after time, people stopped by to ask about changing trails. He dealt with each one of them cheerfully. The Trail Boss is a tough job, but dealing with it in such a friendly manner makes everyone's experience at CM just that much better.

The one thing we could do for Slickrock would be to pay for additional cleanings. I'm betting they clean the bathrooms once a day. If we paid for 3 cleanings a day, they would be much, much better.

I hate the cotton with a passion. If it wasn't for the cotton and the dirty bathrooms, Slickrock Campground would be ideal.
X2 on what Matt said about the shirts but for the sweatshirts, I had orderd a large and by the time I go there on Thursday after the over nighter, my size sweatshirt was no longer available. I was kind of bummed the shirts were 50/50..

We did not get to eat either due to kid related stuff, but when we all rallied, the dinner/raffle looked like a hit.

The Archway playground was a key!!

We stayed at the Moab Springs Condos accross the street from Slick Rock campground.. very nice but we had our share of coton wood issues also, so not sure you can get away from that.t

Man, I stand corrected, I was totally against Vendor night being at SRCG but it rocked! As did the entire event, you all really hit it out of the park this year!

Way to go committee!

How about 3 overnighters to choose from next year? Seems even with 2 they sold out fast..
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Old 05-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
One thing that I was disappointed by was that the shirt size I had pre-ordered for my son was no longer available when I showed up to check in Thursday afternoon (I was on the overnight run so I checked in late). It seems like we should pull the shirts for people who pre-order so they get the sizes they paid for.
I ordered more of every size of shirts to cover all the pre-sold shirts as well as having extra to sell. However obviously not as many in the kids sizes.

I think we must have spaced the overnight run people. Out of sight out of mind.

It was my first year with merchandise and I learned a lot. I hope people enjoyed the colors as well as new long sleeve T's.

Things learned. This should be added to the list.

1. Get shirts earlier and pack welcome packets for overnight people.
2. Woman's shirts were very small for their sized. Check what Matt ordered last time and go back to that style.

For the record I am done with SRCG. It was not a fun experience to stay in that POS. I have a motorhome and I don't have to deal with the bathrooms, but the cottonwoods and worms does not make for a fun camping experience.

I am all for BFW and have them put the infrastructure in for a fee.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Randy View Post

This is how they do it at the FJSummit in Ouray. Really might be helpful to see this event by a few CM12 committee members. Vendors pop-ups stay set up the entire event. They are out playing all day with attendees but at the end of the day, they are their to show their stuff. It is a great meeting place where folks meander about and then they have 3 nights of food included...Presentations under the tent in the evening, etc..So this is the place to be. I am not saying do CM like the FJSummit but it might give ideas for future CM plans.
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Old 05-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

[quote=Chris Sandstorm 4Rnr;183269] I was kind of bummed the shirts were 50/50..

The shirts were 50/50 because of the color, NAVY HEATHER the only way to get that color effect is by adding polyester. Not fun to print on either. Nice color though.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sandstorm 4Rnr View Post
I was kind of bummed the shirts were 50/50..
50/50 is a plus not a negative, in my opinion. I wear t-shirts everyday and 100% cotton shrinks with every wash so after just a few washings cotton T's become half shirts! Not a good visual I'm sure!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 05-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Rising Sun Member

I am with Davis on this one "Cotton is the fabric of our life" we must be the fashonistas of the group.

______
Old 05-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Rising Sun Member

there were no staff XL shirts.

I missed the dinner and raffle because I had I got sick and went home.

The cotton seemed much worse this year than years past. I am thinking of picking another campground for myself nearby in the future that doesnt have cotton and driving over. Gary likes the Portal, maybe I will go there.

Good suggestion up above, maybe find two campgrounds that are real clsoe to each other and have the other stuff at the Archway

we hadnt had an election for a CM Committee chair before. We took volunteers and the committe members selected the chairperson. Why the change?
02 Kimberley Kamper
09 BMW Z4 sDrive30i