Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Old 08-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Rising Sun Member

I haven't ridden there but thanks for posting up! I'll have to give it a go.

Anyone know why Dave deleted all of his posts?

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead
Old 08-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
Anyone ridden the Indian Creek area near Rampart? I was there this past Sunday and it was pretty good, I got lost and had to find my way back out . If you don't like crowds it seems like the place to be. Right now it's the start of the Colorado Trail since Waterton Canyon is closed.
Did you run into people doing/supporting the Colorado Trail Race?
Old 08-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Anyone ridden the Indian Creek area near Rampart? I was there this past Sunday and it was pretty good, I got lost and had to find my way back out . If you don't like crowds it seems like the place to be. Right now it's the start of the Colorado Trail since Waterton Canyon is closed.
I rode from the Indian Creek TH over towards Buffalo Creek about 3 weeks ago. I only made it to Top of the World, a thunderstorm threatening turned me around since the burn area is uber exposed. FWIW, it's roughly 50 miles round trip from the parking lot at Indian Creek to the Little Scraggy TH at Buff Creek. The 2011 CTR started today (8/1/11), right Matt?

“Anyone who believes in indefinite growth in anything physical, on a physically finite planet, is either mad or an economist.” -- Kenneth E. Boulding
Old 08-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Rising Sun member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
I rode from the Indian Creek TH over towards Buffalo Creek about 3 weeks ago. I only made it to Top of the World, a thunderstorm threatening turned me around since the burn area is uber exposed. FWIW, it's roughly 50 miles round trip from the parking lot at Indian Creek to the Little Scraggy TH at Buff Creek. The CTR started today, right Matt?
Out and back right?

I have no idea about the CTR, never heard of it.

BTW, there's a $5 parking fee at Indian Creek, unless you park right across the road from Rampart in the little pulloff before the gate.
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 08-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Out and back right?

I have no idea about the CTR, never heard of it.

BTW, there's a $5 parking fee at Indian Creek, unless you park right across the road from Rampart in the little pulloff before the gate.
It is an out-n-back, although I suppose you could make quasi-loops using roads. Never tried that. The regular round trip is enough of a beat-down climbing to & from South Platte around Bennett Mt that I'm not sure mixing Hwy 67 to Rampart really sounds like much fun when you figure in motorcycles and cars. :-)

The CTR is the Colorado Trail Race. They'll do all 475 miles of it end-to-end in about 4 to 5 days. I think the record is just a few hours over 4 days.

“Anyone who believes in indefinite growth in anything physical, on a physically finite planet, is either mad or an economist.” -- Kenneth E. Boulding
Old 08-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Rising Sun member

wow, is that done in teams like 24 hours of Moab? I would think it would have to be, can't be no man that can do that. If so then
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
Old 08-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
wow, is that done in teams like 24 hours of Moab? I would think it would have to be, can't be no man that can do that. If so then
Nope, just solo. They are doing 18+ hours in the saddle.

http://www.greatdividerace.com
http://www.tourdivide.org

The roughly 2,500 miles between the Canadian to Mexican borders in just over 2 weeks. As contrast a typical Tour de France covers roughly 2,000~2,200 miles in 3 weeks on pavement. These Divide races are doing it with zero support, on dirt roads and singletrack in one less week.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Rising Sun Member

So dave, why so many deleted posts?

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead
Old 08-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Rising Sun Member

I am five days away from mountain biking 24.8 miles of singletrack, 75% of which is above 9,500 feet elevation in the Routt National Forest.

Can I complete the ride? We don’t know. Follow my team Legal Action at http://ride4yellow.livestrong.org/ma...1&e=4782010948
Old 05-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Rising Sun member

Resurrecting this thread...

Little bit of late notice, but thinking about Chimney Gulch/Apex Monday afternoon. My buddy says he can't get there til 5:45, I'm trying to see if he can't be there earlier. Parking lot off of Hwy 6.