Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Notices

Old 08-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl
Default Top Gear "Death Valley"

Did anyone watch this episode? Seemed kinda cool. For 5k which vehicle was the best to get them across DV to vegas. One guy bought a jeep renegade, k5 and OJ bronco. The bronco didn't make it out of the valley. It was kinda cool for only a short bit until they starting driving like idiots and sabotaging each other and then stupid games to not touch pavement. I didn't even finish the episode. It was promising in the ad clips
TLCA#4180
Old 08-17-2011, 01:11 AM
Lifted

Stupid Games to not touch pavement? Come on that's all I did when I was in DV, try and get around without using their paved roads!

I dip my fig newtons.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:31 AM
Hard Core 4+

Yea I watched it. Top gear USA kinda sucks. But I watch it for the stupid **** they do to cars. They always say that " the ford/chevy/dodge/jeep is the best Offroad truck ever made" but the entire time both USA and British have a Toyota following them as the truck of shame Incase they brake Down (death valley showd no yota) And at the end they say the bla bla is the best truck when they all broke Down except for the Toyota. It drives every trail there driving lol.
And both shows are getting lazy (USA started that way) you can totally tell that everything is set up. "can't cross the road" but there just magically happens to be 40' of brand new carpet, glue and staples to put it together. !! And just happens to be enough steel pipes and wood to do it. Bla bla bla. And I'm pretty sure the trucks didn't start with winches. Then magically had them.
I love top gear UK but the USA show kinda sucks. And is getting worse.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:55 AM
Trail Ready

I haven't seen it but there's been some discussion about it in the blue room too.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...r-tonight.html
TLCA#19287 -Since 12/08
Old 08-17-2011, 08:21 AM
Rising Sun Member

I thought flipping the bronco on its side and dragging it with the winch so the 'tires didn't touch the pavement' was funny

Top Gear USA is NO COMPARISON to the original Top Gear, but this US episode was minorly entertaining
Old 08-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by simps80 View Post
I thought flipping the bronco on its side and dragging it with the winch so the 'tires didn't touch the pavement' was funny

Top Gear USA is NO COMPARISON to the original Top Gear, but this US episode was minorly entertaining

It kinda makes american's look dumb. But yea. I watch it because of the stupid shut, but come on.
If anything there just Deminshing the "Top Gear's" reputation. Expectually with the same name on the telly and guide channels. You scroll through the guide and see top gear and say "ooo", then Click it and it's the USA one and are like "aww"