Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 08-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Hard Core 4+

I had LASIK done early on, in Canada. I had an epithelial tear during the procedure which turned into a slow epithelial ingrowth in the cut... which is irritating. My right eye was a tad nearsighted, which was fine for computer work but made my brain bumfuzzled because I am right eye dominant. Nonetheless... I would have done it again.

Had it redone about 7 years ago because my right eye went a bit more nearsighted and was needing glasses. They did it under "warranty"; TLC Laser Centers cover you for life. They dug out some of the epithelial ingrowth while they were at it. The computer was vastly better and I could see the aforementioned distant moose excrement immediately. WOW!... Yeah, at that point I would have DEFINITELY done it again.

Now that I've gotten older, my near vision is borderline but having essentially monovision nearly compensates for that, and I can generally read unless it is really fine print. I wear glasses for the computer just to let my eyes relax. And photograys for driving or outdoors, unless I don't want to.

Took a turbogoat at 650+ yards last year too. Pretty happy. MUCH better than contacts.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:51 PM
Rising Sun Commander

I thought this thread was going to be about wearing down starter contacts... man I'm so glad I don't have to mess with that stuff.

anyway Barry glad you're ok, and it never hurts for everyone to get a lesson in eye protection. We deal with a lot of lasers here in the real job, the joke is "you can look into a laser beam exactly twice- once per eye."

www.gamiviti.com

Old 08-24-2011, 05:01 PM
Rising Sun Member

Marco I hope you are reading this thread....no more welding/grinding for you with out proper eye gear....just think of me as your big brother...
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com